on 15 April 2014
I had a copy of Outlook 2010 from years back before retiring. I muddled through using it to handle my life, electronic life and Christmas cards lists etc. Then in a moment of weakness I accepted an admin position in one of the organizations I belonged to.
The onslaught of the sheer volume of people, tasks and electronic mail, proved that knowledge of the software was clearly inadequate. Out of my depth I needed training on Outlook. I was told it was the best software for my needs.
How to books and Utube are OK but somehow they don't get you to where you want to be quickly enough. Browsing through Amazon I took a punt on this "Professor Teaches" course.The less than £4 price tag did not encourage me to think success was just around the corner. WELL - it was! I am half way through this very thorough and well planned program. Its in nice easy chunks and somehow it holds your hand as you go through it. Easy peasey tests at end of each lesson check up to see if you have got it. Its very easy to navigate back and forth should you have a "am I thick" moment. The announcer is very polite and distinct. (His American drawl does irritate sometimes if I am honest.) I'm so impressed I have just ordered the complete Office 2010 Professor teaches course. Hope to be singing its praises here shortly. Meanwhile I now know why I have so many files and contacts and how I can deal with them.
on 6 July 2015