- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (Oct. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764559885
- ISBN-13: 978-0764559884
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.3 x 23.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,953,340 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Professional .Net 2.0 Generics Paperback – Oct 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
From the Back Cover
Professional .NET 2.0 Generics
Generics represent one of the most compelling additions to the .NET platform, bringing a new dimension of type–safety, expressiveness, and performance to your data types. Professional .NET 2.0 Generics provides a detailed examination of all the facets of what you can achieve through applying generics. This includes both conceptual and syntactic explorations of generic classes, methods, interfaces, and delegates, as well as all the rules that govern their creation and consumption. The book provides comprehensive information on the new BCL generic types and the Power Collections library. It also looks at some of the broader generic topics, including generic guidelines, a comparison with C++ templates, and the underlying details of the .NET generics implementation.
What you will learn from this book
- Techniques for using generics to improve the type–safety of your code
- Steps on how to extend classes and introduce your own derivative generic types
- A point–by–point breakdown of the guidelines for applying generics
- Ways to achieve run–time efficiencies with generic types
- Tips on how to work with generics in both J# and C++
- How to extend and leverage BCL generic types
- Approaches to using generics with serialization and remoting
Who this book is for
This book is for Professional VB.NET and C# programmers and architects who may be new to generics but have strong Microsoft coding skills.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real–world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Tod Golding has 20 years of experience as a software developer, lead architect, and development manager for organizations engaged in the delivery of large–scale commercial and internal solutions. He has an extensive background leveraging .NET, J2EE, and Windows DNA technologies, which has allowed him to become equally skilled with C#, Java, and C++. Tod has worked and consulted at a variety of companies, including stints with Microsoft and Borland.
Tod has a B.S. in Computer Science from California State University, Sacramento. He started his writing career as a journalist for the Sacramento Bee daily newspaper. Prior to this book, he was also a contributing author for the XML Programming Bible, another Wiley publication. Tod currently resides in Sacramento, California, where he owns and operates Blue Puma Software.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics