Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Fable II (Xbox 360) forum

Problems with the game freezing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Oct 2008 13:33:03 BDT
Just to let you all know... lots of problems are reported of freezing on this game - especially if you download the patch when you first play it. Check the lionhead forums for updates, but it may be some time before they release a patch that fixes it...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 18:37:32 BDT
Anita Mason says:
My son has just received his game today and it keeps on freezing and crashing, very frustrating. What can he do?, does this mean it is not a problem with actual disc but with the game itself? Is there any point in us returning the game as faulty?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 19:57:29 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 27 Nov 2009 23:30:06 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 20:02:43 BDT
Fenix Rising says:
Surely the patch you download is to fix this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 21:49:02 BDT
Hi Anita

You can try returning the disc - several people on the forums have said a new disc works for them - but it is random. To be honest, when my copy arrives, if it freezes I will just wait for Lionhead to release a patch / fix that makes everything ok - shouldn't be more than 2 weeks, as so many people have reported the problems they won't ignore it.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 21:50:03 BDT
Hi J Clark - no, the patch is basically the 'co-operative' part of the game that wasn't loaded onto the game disc as they ran out of time, so they made it ready for download instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2008 15:32:52 BDT
Dan says:
Anita,

I had this problem initially. I found that clearing some space of the hard drive eliminated this issue (I deleted all the old demos I'd downloaded).

I hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2008 18:29:50 BDT
Sam Wise says:
The latest state of play can be looked at over at the Lionhead forums http://community.lionhead.com/forums/default.aspx.

The freezing bug only affects some xbox consoles. It appears that there is nothing that can be done (in a lot of cases), as users have run through a list of possible fixes. You *may* be "lucky" in that one of the following *could* help - but there is no guarantee that it will. Sadly none of this has worked for me...

Clear your xbox cache
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/09/xbox-360-hdd-cache-clear-code-discovered/
Play without the patch. This can be done by refusing the patch when prompted to update the game.

delete all your old save games (through the System blade in the xbox menu)

Turn off "orbs" (disabling multiplayer in the options screen).

Clean your disc
Cool your console down
Return your disc and exchange for another.

Frankly, given the huge number of people experiencing the problem, it seems very unlikely that any of the above would work (more than temporarily) - it's likely to be an issue with the hardware used in some xboxes. This sort of error is very infrequent...but it says a lot about the quality testing (or lack thereof) that went into the game.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2008 04:45:41 GMT
SwordSwingin says:
I havnt experienced any freezing when playing although it did freeze on my mates xbox right at the beggining after that he got the update and it worked fine. I know the update is for co-op but they could of also had a fix in there, if problems persist i would say try what people have said clearing hdd space and cache or return disc.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2008 12:07:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Nov 2008 09:54:04 GMT
Hmm, this is not good as my copy has started freezing and i don't have much stuff saved on my 360 (other than game saves). Had similar problems with Merc 2 so beginning to think my 360 can't cope. Already had to send it back to microsoft once, so starting to think i may have to buy a replacement. (but will that have the same problems?) - UPDATE....bought a replacement (brand new) and Fable 2 is still freezing, it's the game and not the hardware.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2008 16:51:17 GMT
G. Moore says:
I experienced exactly the same problem! I found that all I could do was save the game at regular intervals. This of course won't stop the game freezing, but at least it will minimise the amount of ground you'll have to go over again....

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Nov 2008 18:16:32 GMT
Boris says:
save whole fable2 game onto harddrive then load game from harddrive worked for me

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2008 22:18:10 GMT
I've installed it onto hard drive too. If you haven't downloaded the new Xbox 360 operating software from Xbox live, do so now - it's a vast improvement and allows you to run games from the hard disc. Seems to have reduced the risk of corrupted save game files, which were plaguing me before. One power cut whilst saving though and the save will be wiped out again. If I hear thunder, I'm switching the console off rather than risk it.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 10:42:34 GMT
Rynce says:
My game was also freezing (literally every 5mins) when trying to play it with just a memory card, since i bought my hard drive i've installed it to the drive and played it from there and now everything works fine and it hasn't crashed since.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2008 14:05:51 GMT
Runeweaver says:
ive played through the game 3 times now,havent had any major glitches and it hasnt frozen once.ive played with the game installed,without it installed,patched and no patch,no change.not sure why it effects certain xboxs and not others,a patch is ment to be released to fix glitches just before xmas.if they dont change the date.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2009 11:10:10 GMT
Leo says:
I bought Fable and X-Box together.Returned game twice before changing the X-Box.No problems since.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Feb 2009 11:45:29 GMT
J. Adams says:
hi, i had the same problems and i mean was freezing every 5mins of play. Since copying onto and playing from the hard drive, it has cured the problem and the game runs smoother, please note you can only copy onto the 60gb version of xbox 360. Obviously this shouldnt have to be done and is unacceptable but hopes this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2009 16:05:32 GMT
As far as I'm aware it works on all of them with the exception of the Arcade.
My Elite has most of my games installed and its 120gb not the 60

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2009 16:58:21 GMT
You can install the game onto ANY size of hard drive.

Posted on 18 Mar 2009 17:35:44 GMT
T. Stevenson says:
it froze 4 me2 but i instaled to the hard drive and its fine :)

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 12:00:47 BDT
Crom says:
Is it still as glitchy? Been thinking about getting this game but for all the problems you hear about it. I've got a relatively new Xbox 360 (Jasper) if that makes any difference in the matter, but the suggestions that the games can actually damage your Xbox are the ones that put me off the most...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Fable II (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  24 Oct 2008
Latest post:  5 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable II (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars (266)