on 22 February 2000
This rollicking ride through the ins and outs of probability is jam-packed with fun examples. The humour employed to make the book interesting really hits the spot and engages the reader throughout. Perhaps the one criticism is that this book doesn't go deep enough for an advanced probability course, for which I would recommend Grimmett and Stirzaker's volume.
on 24 February 2000
A hefty tome by no stretch of the imagination. this book provides a rigorous yet tough guide through all the ins and outs, nooks and crannies, of probability theory; from flipping coins to card trick , it has them all. A definite must buy for the serious gambler!
on 19 August 2015
I'm baffled by the praise of this Book. the Copy I have is poorly written with no understanding of creativity or context..and some important conjectures arnt even proved...perhaps those who praise it have another Book but the Authors are the same..strange indeed but there are better books out there on Probability!!
on 15 December 2011
I bought this textbook to prepare for my Probability exam. Its rigorous and concise approach, spot-on examples and interesting exercises helped me gain in depth perspective to the covered material. Very satisfied with my purchase.
on 29 February 2012
Excellent product, very easy to read, layout is good, content explained well and accessible for someone who knows very little about probability, highly recommended! Delivery was fast and quality of the item was very good as described!