The Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation provides the foundation for building applications and high-quality user experiences in Windows Vista. WPF blends application user interface, documents, and media content to provide richer control, design, and development of the visual aspects of Windows programs.
Author Matthew MacDonald shows you how WPF really works. His no-nonsense, practical advice will get you building high-quality WPF applications quickly and easily. MacDonald will take you through a thorough investigation of the more advanced aspects of WPF, and its relation to other elements of the WinFX stack and the .NET Framework 3.5, to complete your understanding of WPF and C# 2008.
WPFs functionality extends to support for Tablet PCs and other forms of input device, and provides a more modern imaging and printing pipeline, accessibility and UI automation infrastructure, data-driven UI and visualization, as well as the integration points for weaving the application experience into the Windows shell.
What youll learn
- WPF basics: XAML, layout, control essentials, and data flow
- WPF applications: Navigation, commands, localization, and deployment
- Advanced controls: Custom controls, menus, toolbars, and trees
- WPF documents: Text layout, printing, and document packaging
- Graphics and multimedia: Drawing shapes, sound and video, animation, geometric transformations, and imaging
Who this book is for
Developers encountering WPF and .NET 3.5 for the first time in their professional lives