Pro SQL Server 2008 Integration Services is the complete reference on Microsoft SQL Server 2008's built-in tool set for extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) projects. Completely updated to cover the very latest features, this book shows how to develop and deploy Integration Services solutions that will scale to load anything from a dozen rows to a billion, or many billions!
- Completely revised and updated for SQL Server 2008
- Soup-to-nuts-covers everything you need to be productive with Integration Services
- Illustrates best-practice methods yielding solid results for even the most demanding of users
Integration Services is the right tool to use for moving data between operational and reporting database environments. Integration Services also lets you move data from nonrelational systems into SQL Server, and vice versa. Integration Services is reliable, it is automated, it will save you time. Pro SQL Server 2008 Integration Services by Dandy Weyn is your guide to making the most of one of Microsoft's most versatile tools.
What youll learn
- Design and automate data flows to and from databases and data warehouses
- Implement data transformations in SSIS without writing custom code
- Take full advantage of the latest enhancements in SSIS 2008
- Create custom components to support your most complex ETL needs
- Optimize your ETL flows and solve SSIS performance problems
- Write .NET code that runs inside SQL Server 2008
- Integrate SQL Developer into your general development tool set
Who this book is for
Pro SQL Server 2008 Integration Services is written for developers and database administrators involved in data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) projects. The book helps readers take full advantage of Integration Services to automate the movement and manipulation of data between different databases and nondatabase sources.