on 28 February 2013
While you can and if the extraneous light is not too strong, get away with omitting a lens hood, I think that having an appropriate piece of glass in front of your lenses can save those hopefully rare moments of tears. Hoya's protector filters are the only things I will place in front of my lenses. When buying larger filters, Hoya's Pro 1 Digital range offer a considerable saving on their HD range. The difference I gather is that the filters of the HD range are easier to clean. Still though, full marks for an excellent product that gives one peace of mind.
on 12 January 2015
Fast return, great filter.
on 14 February 2011
This is the biggest filter I own but fits on the Kiwi adapter KiwiFotos 58mm and 72mm Lens Filter Adapter for Fujifilm FinePix S1600, S1730, S1770, S1780, S1800, S1850, S1880, S2500HD, S2550HD, S2600HD, S2800HD, S2900HD that I bought for my Fuji S2800 HD camera Fujifilm FinePix S2800 HD Digital Camera (14MP, 18x Zoom, 3.0 inch LCD Screen) and wanted to protect my objective lense.

I fit all my camera with a filter lens because it can save your main lense from damage should you get unlucky or careless it also keeps dust out of the mechanism. So in short it is an unnoticeable thingy fited to the front of my camera that will hopefully protect my investment in the event of a mishap.
on 21 September 2015
good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2012
I live in England so don't get many sunny days, so hardly use this (hence only 4 stars). It's good for taking pics through glass though, such as in museums/aquariums etc as it removes all reflections such that you don't see the glass in your photos.
33 comments0 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse