- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Learning Matters; 1 edition (9 Jan. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1844451968
- ISBN-13: 978-1844451968
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 18.4 x 25.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 170,042 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Principles and Practice of Assessment in the Lifelong Learning Sector (Further Education and Skills) Paperback – 9 Jan 2009
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Ann Gravells is an educational training consultant, teacher and author. Please contact her via her website www.anngravells.co.uk
Free videos regarding teaching & learning by Ann are available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQQRbP7x4L7NAy4wsQi7jA
Ann is the author and co-author of several educational text books, including the popular Award in Education and Training.
Ann produces teaching and learning materials which are available through her website and start at 50p. Please see: www.anngravells.co.uk/resources
Details of all her books can be seen at: www.anngravells.co.uk/books
Ann has been working in further and adult education since 1983. She has a Masters degree in Educational Management, a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, a Degree in Education and holds QTLS status.
She delivers various CPD events in the UK and abroad and is happy to deliver a staff development event at your organisation if you wish. Details here: http://www.anngravells.co.uk/consultancy.html
Please see www.anngravells.co.uk for further information about Ann and to get in touch with her.
"Super book. Well written and appropriate. Good ideas - useful and applicable." - Lecturer, Arts Institute, Bournemouth
About the Author
Ann is a director of her own company, Ann Gravells Ltd, an educational consultancy based in East Yorkshire. She specialises in teaching, training and quality assurance for the Further Education and Skills Sector.
Ann creates resources for teachers and learners such as PowerPoints and handouts for the TAQA units and for the Award and the Certificate in Education and Training. These are available via her resource website: www.anngravells.co.uk/resources.
Ann is a consultant to the University of Cambridge’s Institute of Continuing Education. She has worked for several awarding organisations producing qualification guidance, policies and procedures, and carrying out quality assurance of teacher training qualifications. She has been teaching in further education colleges since 1983.
Ann holds a Masters in Educational Management, a PGCE, a Degree in Education, and a Medal of Excellence for teaching. Ann is a Fellow of the Institute for Learning and holds QTLS status.
Ann is the author of:
- Achieving your Assessor and Quality Assurance Units
- Delivering Employability Skills in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Passing Assessments for the Award in Education and Training
- Passing PTLLS Assessments
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Principles and Practices of Assessment
- The Award in Education and Training
- What is Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector?
Ann is co-author of:
- Equality and Diversity in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Passing CTLLS Assessments
- Passing the Award in Education and Training
- Planning and Enabling Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
- The Certificate in Education and Training
- Passing the Certificate Education and Training
Ann has edited:
- Study Skills for PTLLS.
The author welcomes any comments from readers; please contact her via her website. www.anngravells.co.uk
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Perhaps you could produce one book with all information in one volume rather than three, at a reasonable price.
Well worth it price, very useful to new PGSE and Cert-Ed. students.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book in which the author has not only provided us with good examples and activities of how the assessment process should be implemented but also the links and familiarities between the CTLLS unit of 'principles and practice of assessment' and the A1. Because the examples and activities are related to real work situations it provides a clearer route to be followed which will provide any prospective assessor with valuable support as well as a bench marking of good practice for experienced assessors. I would certainly advise anyone to purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A must for teachers! Clearly written out and very clean presentation.Published 2 months ago by jeri
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Adult Guidance & Handbooks
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Examinations & Assessment
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies