- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Thorsons (5 Oct. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0722536747
- ISBN-13: 978-0722536742
- Product Dimensions: 14.1 x 1 x 18.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 425,315 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Principles of - Druidry: The only introduction you'll ever need (Thorsons principles series) Paperback – 5 Oct 1998
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Druidry is a compelling spiritual path which is more popular today than ever. Druidry honours the spirit of nature and celebrates individuality and creativity. Deeply rooted in the soil, at its heart is a respect for the earth and our ancestors that brings with it a sense of purpose and belonging. This comprehensive introduction explains:
• what Druidry is
• the story of the druids, from ancient to modern day
• Druid festivals and celebrations
• herbcraft, healing and other Druid practices
Emma Restall Orr is Joint Chief of the British Druid Order and a prominent figure in the Druid and Pagan community. A priestess, poet, soul therapist and teacher of Druidry in Britain and abroad, she is also author of 'Spirits of the Sacred Grove'.
About the Author
Emma Restall Orr is Joint Chief of the British Druid Order, the largest Pagan Druid Order in Europe. She has made several recent appearances on British television, including Everyman. A very media friendly author whose profile is building steadily. Emma also lectures regularly in the US.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It contains useful exercises that allow you to _feel_ and _do_ instead of just reading. It makes this book a means of spiritually exploring Druidry, rather than giving a purely intellectual look at its elements.
Around the same time as reading this, I would also recommend reading Philip Shallcrass' 'Druidry' (a 'Piatkus Guide'), for a taste of the different ways of accessing Druidry.
Emma Restall Orr is a great writer on Spiritual matters, drawing you in on a personal level, and leaving you at the end of reading feeling like you've truly done something, changed within and discovered.
Remember to check the back of the book for useful URL's, associations and book recommendations!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
All the information you will need to get started in Druidry...very well written too.Published 17 days ago by J. G. Beavis
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Occultism > Magic
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Earth-Based Religions > Druidism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult > Occultism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Ancient European & Mediterranean Religions