Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.99

on 26 October 2011
I recently purchased this book, on the strength of the writers previous cupcake book. I regularly use the cupcake recipes for a cafe that I bake for, as they are so reliable and customers ask for them!

On this current book, The Primrose Bakery Book, I have been most pleased with the recipes and layout. It's an attractive book, with lovely photos and although some recipes appeared in the last book, they have been 'tweaked' by the authors (e.g. orange and cranberry cupcakes). I don't see this as a problem, as it's only a few recipes, and good cooks are always experimenting and improving on recipes!

I recently followed the croissant recipe from this latest book. They turned out fabulous!! I've done heaps of yeast-based baking, and this is my first foray into croissant/viennoise style dough. The croissants rose beautifully, and they have turned out looking and tasting amazing (Thank you Martha & Lisa!!).

I recommend this book for cooks who enjoy baking and for newbies in the kitchen too - there are good step-by-step photos in a few sections. Baking is an art and a science, so practice makes perfect. If you're a newby to baking, keep trying the recipes in these books as they will help you to become a better cook.

All in all, I recommend this book and will be sending it as a gift this Christmas.
on 5 October 2011
I thought it might be hard for the Primrose Bakery to better their first book - but here it is! They have included many of their cake (as well as cupcake) recipes - and I've already tested out the banana cake (wonderful sour cream chocolate icing!) and the ginger cake, both of which were delicious.It is also one of the most beautifully styled cookery books I have come across...
on 22 November 2011
The recipes in this book are lovely, they really inspired me to bake some new cakes. There are my standard favourites of lemon drizzle - OH said it was the best he ever tasted - very zingy and new ideas, such as blueberry cake and plum cupcakes.Nice section at end on how to decorate your cakes. I would highly recommend this book, the photos are fab and you'll start baking so many cakes you won't know what to do with them.
on 12 January 2012
Bought as a present for my daughter so not used it myself but on flicking through, it looked great. Lovely photos and the recipes looked like ones I would make - not always the case with some cook books. Great, and my daughter loves it too.
on 10 November 2011
I love the new Primrose Bakery cookbook- it is a truly beautiful book filled with delicious and easy to follow recipes. Not only is the book filled with yummy treats but it looks amazing with so many personal touches. I made the Nutella cupcakes for my friends birthday and they were a huge success!! I often take friends to the bakery for coffee and cake and the book really does feel like an extension of the shop.

I would recommend the Primrose Bakery book to all cake lovers out there- A perfect gift for someone special, or yourself!
on 23 October 2015
I seem to be buying an awful amount of baking books of late! But anyway, this is my review of The Primrose Bakery Book, in hardback, not as a Kindle book. This one of those 'even I could make something almost as nice' books that I can aspire to. Not so as to be exceptionally difficult and therefore, off-putting, but also there are some recipes that might challenge the reader/baker. There's literally something for every type of baker here, and some of the flavour combinations that I certainly wouldn't have though of (especially the icings/ganaches etc) But there's enough inspiration to use their recipes as building blocks for your own bakes. A lovely addition to my ever-growing library of cookbooks.
on 20 May 2012
I loved this book, the photos, the layout and the recipes themselves were all fabulous. I have made many of the recipes including the nutella cupcakes (my favourite), the maple and pecan cupcakes, the caramel slice, the mars bar cake and the raspberry cocnut ice cupcakes and they were all delicious and went down a treat! The cakes are extremely rich, so you can't eat too many in one go (although some would disagree!) but all were delicious, easy to make and looked really impressive at the end. Highly recommended!
on 9 December 2011
I bake all the time and have so many cake books, but the Primrose Bakery Book is fantastic, the recipes all work and the cakes taste delicious. I would rate this book above many other popular favourites for cupcakes - some of the bigger names often produce quite disappointing results which have ended up in the bin - I am perfectionist when it comes to baking and so really can recommend this book. The icing recipes are excellent and not too sweet. The milk chocolate icing works particularly well without sugar.
on 25 November 2015
I was hoping for a baking book to inspire me and to offer original recipes but this one contains far too many cupcake recipes and re-hashes a lot of basic recipes and also far too many 'how to' photos for me. OK for a novice baker, I suppose. Decided to return it and look for something else.
on 27 May 2012
I can't praise this book enough. I got bought their previous Cupcake book and loved it, so I was over-joyed when I found they had written another. I love the different sections, from cupcakes, layer cakes, loaf cakes and especially Breakfast. I have made several of the loaf cakes and they are a perfect addition to myself and my boyfriends lunch box - particularly the Ginger Loaf, it tastes better everyday! I have also recently attempted to make the croissants from their recipe and they are wonderful. I've never felt more accomplished as a baker when they turned out perfect!

I love this book so much, I have bought a copy for my friend and for my sisters birthday and they both agree how wonderful it is. I could go on and on and ON about how much I love the book, but I think most people will have guessed that by now!