on 12 April 2016
It's good to read of the not so little man taking on the not so big man and winning! For all humans have advanced and developed superior weapons, sometimes a good old fashioned club does the job better.

I do wish people hurt in these books suffered more though.. I'm not being sadistic here, I don't want more gore, it's just that getting thumped, kicked, stamped on etc is downright painful and the pain, bruising and broken bones take a long time to heal. It's unrealistic to recover from such injuries in a few days.

I do enjoy the yarns though and the linking or solving of myths, legends and history.
on 30 January 2013
Picked this up at the airport before a long haul flight. I have to say the story is only interesting at the beginning and the end with a very frustrating middle section. I found it so hard to connect with any of the good guys and their painfully shallow personalities I actually ended up rooting for the baddies! I suppose I was hoping for an adventure story set in the wilderness but got half wilderness half underground secret labs which made huge sections of the book a real struggle to get through.
on 17 December 2013
Lived up to my expectations based on the earlier books in the series. Well done David a lovelt crafted story
on 6 January 2016