on 12 February 2014
I found a lot of the short stories had a sexual undertone and whilst not a prude felt these are out of keeping with the Jane Austin ethos and was subsequently fairly disappointed.
on 2 February 2014
On the whole I really enjoyed reading this book, and there was plenty of it. It could do with some more editing, as it is littered with typos but if you can ignore those it's an enjoyable read.

I have to confess that I really didn't enjoy the scenes with Mr. Collins' cucumber, which I felt were beyond puerile, but there you go, that's just my opinion. The rest of the book was good and well worth checking out if you love Austen variations.
on 1 April 2014
It must have seemed like a good idea at the time - a group of Jane Austen fans decided to fill in the gaps in Pride and Prejudice, but it doesn't really work. A lot more than I really wanted to know about the Darcy's sex life. One good scene, where Lady Catherine realizes her probable lonely old age.
on 23 February 2014
Very amusing, and for the most part all the 'extra' scenes were well written, although not in the same style as the original. However in the case of this book one should ignore the poetic license taken with the characters and just enjoy it for what it is.
on 12 March 2014
Read between listening to a radio4 audio version of p and p and worked nicely to fill in gaps, although some jumble of timelines and characters between authors which was annoying
on 4 April 2014
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant... I couldn't put it down! Excellently written by an assortment of writers in the style of Jane Austen.
on 9 February 2014
really good read and very informative. A good purchase for anyone. If you are interested in Jane Austen I would recommend this.
on 2 August 2014
Different authors write scenes that we don't see in the book. The quality is very uneven, and as many of the writers are American they miss the right tone in the dialogues and at times annoy with Americanisms that completely destroy the atmosphere.
on 16 January 2014
Really enjoying this book, half way thro it. It flows much better than I expected. Interesting alternatives and very detailed. Has made me think more about the original than I though it would.
on 1 February 2014
All the stories are excellent and catch jane Austen's voice so well.anyone who enjoys JA will enjoy this book.It sounds authentic.