Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Gladiator forum

Pricing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2011 21:45:50 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2011 21:48:18 GMT
m says:
I am enjoying the kindle and enjoy the variety of books available but am concerned regarding the pricing.

I appreciate that there are a lot of free books out there and that you can get many books at similar price (or lower than paerback).

I really want to branch out in terms of what I read and am getting into historical fiction, but I can't understand how a kindle download can be £2.50 more than a paperback. I appreciate that there must be costs in adapting the novels for kindle and that new books like new films can attract higher premiums. Where the book it is adapted from is a few years old, however, I would have thought that pricing would reflect that, but it doesn't seem to.

I have also seen that certain publishers may be price fixing e books. It seems that with this and the ebook VAT, much of the advantage of the kindle's portability and convenience are minimised. This also does not reward the ecological savings from not cutting down trees.

Please don't get me wrong. I really like the kindle itself and I am not about to trade it in, but I thought I would express my thoughts.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Gladiator forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  13 Jan 2011
Latest post:  13 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Gladiator
The Gladiator by Simon Scarrow (Audio Cassette - 1 Dec. 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (157)