Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Mar 2011 12:39:24 GMT
This sells on Amazon.com for $461 - (equivalent to 285).

Until this morning, it was on Amazon.co.uk for 300... I'd been umming and ahhing, and was ready to order today... but the price has shot up to 375!

Posted on 4 Apr 2011 15:24:34 BDT
J. Price says:
Completely agree. Another "rip off Britain". Please bring the price in line with the US.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2011 08:05:02 BDT
C A Spencer says:
I had this on order for a couple of months at 375. Amazon's web site stated "Order now and we'll deliver when available..."

I knew it would be a long delivery period but no problem.

on 20/05 I received an email from Amazon stating "Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order ...

I know this to be untrue since Nathan Myrvold replied to my posting on eGullet and we know from the MC blog that there are 25000 more copies coming soon.

The real give-away came when I looked up MC on the Amazon.UK page and was invited to register my interest in beeing informed when it was available... at a price of 465: an increase of 25% over the price I ordered it at and approx 55% more than it's currently being sold for in the USA
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  9 Mar 2011
Latest post:  24 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking (6 Volume Set)
Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking (6 Volume Set) by Nathan Myhrvold (Hardcover - 4 April 2011)
5.0 out of 5 stars   (18)