Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Oct 2011 02:45:42 BDT
H.Pen says:
Title, price was as low as 117£ not too long ago, curiously, the price went up to 145£ on the day that the not so favorable Bulldozer (the AMD 8 core processor) reviews came out.

My guess?

People saw it was not worth the extra investment to buy a much more expensive 8 core cpu, which in gaming ( im assuming that's what one wants this board for ) was actually inferior to the quad cores such as 965BE.

This board is AM3, and im guessing people were waiting for the bulldozer reviews to decide whether to build a computer with AM3 or futureproof it with am3+ and ensure compatibility with bulldozer.

The gigantic failure that was bulldozer ensured people flocked to this old board. (A wise choice, its just that price is just so damned high now due to high demand)

Im guessing the coming holidays have some part to blame, im just somewhat frustrated because i was expecting the exact opposite to happen, prices going down due to people moving on to am3+ boards to fit in their bulldozers.

For reference, here is a graphic explaining the message im trying to convey about the price variations on this particular item:

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ASUS-Crosshair-IV-Formula-PCI-/product/B003F8SNBM

It surprises me even more to see this board near the top for most popular (read sold) motherboards on the website.

I cant help but feel cheated out of a good price.

When do you, kind reader, suspect prices will plummet back to their original prices?

Posted on 16 Nov 2011 15:24:49 GMT
H.Pen says:
And it now seems the price is becoming higher and higher, while the stock status never changes, this must indeed mean that they are running on their last numbers on this item, why else would the Crosshair IV cost 174£ while the newer Crosshair V costs 169£ ?

Guess il be purchasing a Sabertooth Mobo...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  23 Oct 2011
Latest post:  16 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AMD 890FX - Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 1600/1800/1866 - SATA 6Gb/s RAID - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio - CrossFire - ATX
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AMD 890FX - Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 1600/1800/1866 - SATA 6Gb/s RAID - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio - CrossFire - ATX by ASUS
4.8 out of 5 stars   (18)