on 9 September 2012
Unfortunately we have had 2 accidents with my Kindle 3G Keyboard thanks to babies and toddlers both times the screen had been damaged and while it's been a year apart and I think Amazon replaced the first time with fantastic service but SquareTrade definitely was involved a few weeks ago and I was again pleasantly surprised with the great service provided by both SquareTrade and Amazon. I was sent a replacement straight away with no fifth degree interrogation or written police style reports! The product review is meant to be for the Kindle HD warranty which I've pre ordered with massive anticipation so I can't review passe. As I don't usually buy those extended warranties as most are rip off this one with SquareTrade I feel has been very good value and provided great service when needed. I would recommend.
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2012
This warranty is only valid for Kindles purchased in the last 30 days. After purchase you'll get confirmation
through email and post, the first time i purchased a warranty from Squaretrade i also got a phone call from a
nice customer service rep who just went over some basic info - it was unneeded but not unpleasant or anything.

Once the certificate of insurance is in your hand the warranty period begins. For mechanical issues the
first year is covered by Amazon, and the next 2 by Squaretrade. For accidents, Squaretrade cover the 3 years.

The small print basically states that you're eligible for 3 Kindle replacements over the 3 year period, once you
reach number 3 your policy will end immediatley.

For mechanical breakdown and accidental damage the policy is quite simple, but for theft you'll need to follow some
rules. If your Kindle is stolen you must inform Squaretrade within 48hrs and have a valid police crime number. If
you fail to notify them within 48hrs they can decide not to cover you. The main exclusions against theft are if it
was from within a vehicle or on public transport, or a property where forced entry did not occur. Keep this in mind.

The policy comes with a "Cancel Anytime" option too. Within the first 90 days you can get all of your money back
if you haven't claimed, after that period your entitled to a refund for the remainder of the warranty, e.g if
you used 1.5 years but decide you don't want it any more Squaretrade will refund you 50% of the purchase price.

The warranty is valid worldwide wherever you use your Kindle but replacements can only be sent to the UK, so if you
decide to move abroad you might want to transfer the warranty to someone else and sell your Kindle, it's free to transfer.

I have only needed a replacement once since i took out the Squaretrade warranty and the process was painless. After
calling & explaining what happened, the customer service rep politely explained everything and informed me that a
replacement would be sent out immediately. I received it within 2 days and returned the damaged one back free of charge.

This does exactly what it says and is good to have for peace of mind, especially if your always taking your Kindle with
you. The claims process really is painless and everything from Squaretrade's customer service to delivery is great.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2013
If you are buying a Kindle I recommend buying this protection, if you are prepared to pay the money for a Kindle it really makes sense to cover it, this is a fair price and covers for 3 years3-Year Kindle Fire HD Protection Plan with Accident & Theft Cover by SquareTrade, UK customers only
on 19 December 2012
I took out the 3-year warranty on the Kindle Fire HD that I am buying my daughter for Christmas.

The Amazon advert states "3-Year Square Trade Warranty + Accident Protection & Theft Cover for Kindle Fire HD (16GB and 32GB), UK customers only"; however, when I looked at the Certificate of Insurance, it stated that "accidental damage is included only if indicated by your certificate of insurance".
This is a circular definition and I could not find anything else in the "Certificate" about Accident (or Theft) cover.

I contacted customer_service@squaretrade.co.uk for clarification and with a request that the plan be registered in my daughter's name - the response was just a message to phone "the dedicated Amazon Kindle Support Team".

What's the point of having a "Customer Service" person/team/dept if they cannot answer simple queries, nor even forward my query/request to someone who CAN handle it.
on 25 October 2012
this is fantastic idea and believe me when i say whole heartedly, its worth every penny and then some. it gives you total peace of mind.
on 25 October 2012
I would definatly recomend this(kindle protection plan )i've bought the kindle for my daughter for christmas ,and am covering all accidental senarios that may ..or may not happen,but the chances are something will ,our home insurance is a 50 pound excess so for 7 quid more you cant grumble plus it for 3 years ,and from other reviews people have had no problems with it ..... so definatly a yes from me .
on 28 November 2012
I wasn't sure about insurance/protection at the time but on reflection as it could be the one time I could be careless that I would have wished that I had taken out a warranty. I checked the details with SquareTrade and thought it a reasonably priced warranty for the cover of Accident and Theft for my Kindle Fire HD protection. Within minutes of purchasing from Amazon I had response from them and SquareTrade and now have my policy at hand within 24hours to download and view. Excellent Product Service.
on 4 January 2013
As with all insurance products you hope you never actually have to use them BUT I can recommend this product simply because when it arrived (e-mail) I questioned whether it covered theft and asked for the start date to be changed as it was a Christmas present and not only did I speak to a courteous and well informed person, the matter was instantly sorted, confirmed with e-mails and left me feeling reassured that I had spent my money wisely, so yes, get this, just in case, but I hope you too never have to use this product as that would mean your product was broken or stolen!
on 20 November 2012
Much too expensive, i could buy a new tablet for less than three times the premium.

Also it will be obsolete in much less than three years.

Insurance may suit a teenager who is likely to damage or loose the item but not for a responsible adult.

I am afraid that the premium reflects the cost of all those that will take fraudulant advantage of the policy, so don't waste your money
on 12 December 2012
As a born pessimist, I opted to purchase this 'Insurance' just in case anything drastic should befall my Kindle Fire HD.
Only time will tell - and there's only slightly less than 3 years to go before it runs out! - whether I'm unfortunate enough to do my tablet harm on its travels to the various parts of the world that I take it, whether it gets nicked by some light-fingered so-and-so, or some other 'accident' should befall it. Whatever, it helps me sleep easier knowing that should it not 'be there' functioning when I need it that I can call upon Square Trade to provide a replacement.
Like all 'Insurance' it might seem expensive if you never have to claim on it, but these things are very attractive to those who don't have! Whether the process of replacement proves excessively onerous at the time of any claim remains to be seen, but there's been no difficulty in 'setting up' the warranty/protection - but then I did purchase the tablet directly from Amazon!