Style Name: Black-Cooker GasketChange

on 12 April 2011
I'm a big fan of my pressure cooker - and was interested to see that in a recent Masterchef competition, one of the contestants used a pressure cooker to produce a delicious pot-roast, which would normally have taken several hours. He got through to the next round!

It's a very old-fashioned utensil that pays for itself time and time again. For example, I use every part of a chicken, as the bones remaining on the carcass can be very quickly made into a rich, delicious stock (via the additon of a few herbs etc). You can do the same with the shells of prawns (put the shells in a bag in the freezer if you don't want to make stock immediately after you've eaten the prawns). In either case, you've the makings of a superb risotto, or sauce - and you can freeze the stock until you need it. A pressure cooker can also produce a casserole in minutes, rather than hours, without danger of drying out - and has a number of other advantages.

The rubber gasket occasionally wears out and becomes ineffectual, which is why I needed to replace it. The replacement arrived promptly, fitted perfectly and the pressure cooker is back in service. Thank you!
on 16 October 2010
Very poorly finished item. Gasket is formed in a mold and then the excess seal has not been trimmed properly. looks like a cheap copy product. Exchanged by Amazon because the first one didn't seal properly, the second one wasnt much better, contacted Meyer customer services who sent out one that seems to work better although it looks just as poorly made. Good customer service from both Amazon and Meyer but the product lacks quality.
on 15 June 2012
A genuine item that seals perfectly for a considerable period of time. I have now purchased a second as a standby, because, although they last for ages, once they begin to fail, immediate replacement is the best option. I have quoted the Prestige reference number 96461 in the title, as I feel it could be useful to other prospective buyers.
on 26 February 2010
Just what my father ordered, although after a few days of use he decided that it was very difficult to open the pressure cooker, which shows that the seal works! He dunked the pan in cold water and found that the lid came off much easier then. Make sure that you order the right seal for your particular cooker, and I ordered two at once to save on postage.
on 10 April 2010
GENUINE PRESTIGE 96461 PRESSURE COOKER STAINLESS STEEL GASKET/SEAL - COLOUR - GREY

I am delighted with gasket/seal for the above-mentioned pressure cooker. I had a flood every time I was using my pressure cooker, it is now just like having a new one! brilliant1
on 23 September 2011
Old seal was 2 years old and I decided to replace it because it start to leak. Wow this one leaks! Old one was 5/5 comparing to this one.
on 17 February 2011
I don't think this is a genuine Prestige part as it doesn't have the name or number embossed on it like the old one did, nevertheless it does the job well.
on 9 April 2012
We use our pressure cooker a lot so it was great to find a genuine Prestige renewable spare part at a price that was cheaper than the one we saw quoted by our usual suppliers. It arrived promptly and was just the job. It's a mundane item, but essential and not always easy to find in shops, so we're happy customers. Now ... if only somebody could invent a gasket that never wears out!
on 23 August 2011
This gasket worked brilliantly when fitted. We hadn't realised what a poor performance we'd been putting up with, until using the new gasket. It certainly seems like a genuine Prestige spare. The price compared to other sites was also great and the gasket arrived quickly. One thing to note - it's important to make sure that you buy a spare marked for stainless steel cookers if that's what you have. Our pressure cooker book gave a different parts number for the gasket, but when looking into this it seemed to refer to gaskets meant for aluminium cookers, so the book was wrong. We decided to go for the gasket meant for stainless steel cookers and our cooker now works like new.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2012
I havn't used this product yet but it was a replacement product in stock for when my present one fails but I was very happy with the efficiency regarding this order