on 16 January 2011
I have a 20 year plus aluminum pressure cooker. This gasket fits absolutely fine and has stopped all the dripping that had been going on previously. i still had the recipe/instruction booklet that came with it quoting the product number -96430, it certainly was the correct gasket for my pressure cooker, it has a new lease of life.
on 16 March 2009
I had problems finding the correct gasket for my pressure cooker so I looked on the amazon site and lo and behold there they it was so I ordered two which were swiftly delivered to me within three working days with free postage. A very good service indeed
on 5 May 2009
Good to find spares for my pressure cooker that don't cost the earth!Will use again for other spares.Quick delivery too.
on 30 April 2009
Absolutely delighted. Brought a 36yr old pressure cooker back to life. Never thought spares would be available and at such a reasonable price.
Delivery excellent also.
on 18 April 2013
Unable to source locally a replacement gasket for my 1980's pressure cooker I searched on Amazon. Unfortunately all the gaskets shown either didn't give model numbers/dimensions or year of manufacture for each item so made searching difficult. I contacted Prestige who gave me the model number of the gasket for this particular pressure cooker.
This spare model number is 96430 which is 24cm outside rim and 22cm inside rim diameter. This is not a 'high' dome model cooker.
I ordered the gasket which arrived in a couple of days so now have a 'working' pressure cooker.
Thank you to all concerned.
on 27 December 2010
I previously ordered the Prestige Pressure Cooker Gasket with the Red and White cardboard label, but it was too small and I returned it to Amazon for a full refund.

This gasket is the perfect fit for my ancient Prestige High Domed Aluminium Pressure Cooker - with an inside lid measurement of 24cms.

Would like to give it 5 stars, but I have not tried it under pressure yet, and do not know whether it will leak and drip as a previous reviewer has written.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 March 2014
The missus insisted the pressure cooker was broken, "It can't be!" I shouted, I put a new gasket in it in 1982!"
And then she admitted it wasn't the same cooker.
She's REPLACED the perfectly good pan with another identical one which was newer, in 1984 or 5. I was livid at her extravagance and ranted and raved for several hours from the garden shed about her spendthrift ways.

She then explained that her aunt had moved into a new flat in 1983 and had feared that the confined space would increase the pressure too much and there would be a terrible awful accident, so had given us her almost new hi-dome so that we might have the accident instead. She hadn't dared tell me in case I went off on a parsimonious rant about what a waste it had been to put a brand new expensive gasket onto a p-cooker which was being discarded.
"Where's the old one?" I sulked. "I preferred the old one. It had more character and cooked better."
"I gave it away, and anyway you never noticed the change. You thought it was the one you said you preferred." Ah, I had the answer to that one.
"You said it was broken, just now."
"Yes, it's been hissing steam and things are burning. Maybe we should get a new cooker?"

...and so I ordered the review item before she had chance to get yet another pressure cooker.

It arrived.I was disappointed. It looked exactly like the old one. Side-by-side, there was no difference. Both were round and a bit springy and seemed exactly the same thickness. Maybe I'd wasted a fiver, I thought in a panic.
"No I don't know where you put your micrometer!" she shouted. "Nor the old imperial micrometer nor the vernier calipers you got from America with the fractions on it"
Damn! I thought. I didn't know she knew about that. Well, I couldn't find the digital gauge either and I quickly learned (uincomfortably) that she didn't off-hand know the figures for, and had no interest in learning about, Young's Modulus anyway...
So I bit the bullet and fitted the obvious waste-of-money new ring, cursing as the cardboard label tore. I'll not be able to send it back now.
We made stew, to the recipe on page 329, arguing about the amount of chilli as usual. We compromised and she measured out a small spoonful. I added the rest when she went to answer the phone, stirring it in quickly to hide the thick red layer.
Time to put the lid on. It was noticeably tighter and everything went together with a very satisfying squeezy-sealy feel.Before it had felt the teensiest bit loose.

The pan came up to a pressure quickly, as it always did but no longer leaked like a politician's promise once the heat was backed down to "simmer" again. The stew was delicious, and hadn't lost lots of liquid like it had been doing and the turnips hadn't stuck to the bottom of the pan. Nothing burned - except my mouth. Next time I'll let +her+ put the chilli in.

–––––––––––––––––
It looks annoyingly just like the old one but now it worls
on 27 August 2009
I lost my original pressure-cooker gasket in the depths of the River Thurne, on the Norfolk Broads, having put some oil in it ready to start cooking, when my young Border Collie decided it smelled lovely, and tipped the cooker lid overboard....we retrieved the lid, minus the gasket. Told that a new one would be despatched in about a week, we were amazed when it turned up the next day, and the pressure-cooker now works better than it has in a long while. The new one from Amazon was very reasonably priced in comparison to others I looked up, so well done! It was nothing to get steamed up about after all!
on 5 April 2009
Very good service arrived the day after ordering.
I bought 2 replacement gaskets for my very old pressure cookers, they now work as they should.
They do exactly what they say on the packet!!!
on 21 March 2011
There's not a lot to say about this item but I'll give it a go.
My mother in law doesn't have the internet but because the main shop she previously bought this from was now closed she asked for help. This is where super Amazon comes in, first class service, delivery on time and genuine product as well. what more can you ask.
Anyone who has a pressure cooker, most probably has a Prestige unit, so to get genuine spares is brilliant from the best Internet vendor ever!