- Hardcover: 398 pages
- Publisher: John Murray (6 Sept. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0719563216
- ISBN-13: 978-0719563218
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 15.9 x 23.5 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,399,631 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2349 in Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- #3493 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism
- #6217 in Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- See Complete Table of Contents
A Press Free and Responsible: Self Regulation and the Press Complaints Commission, 1991-2001 Hardcover – 6 Sep 2001
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Traces the development of the Press Complaints Commission in its first decade. Stories dealt with by the PCC - including Princess Diana's relationship with the press and her tragic death - are explored, along with such issues as how to balance public interest with an individual's right to privacy.
About the Author
Richard Shannon is Professor Emeritus of Modern History at the University of Wales, Swansea, and is the author of a widely acclaimed life of W.E. Gladstone. He lives in London.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism