on 8 August 2012
arrived very quickly, but very disappointed when i opened it. the front and back is very warped looking and the lid is a very bad fit. ok for the flies to get in the gap when we have a warm day. think i will return it. after all it is not sold as a seconds item.
Although disappointed that the first one received was damaged the 2nd arrived much better quality and well packaged and am so pleased that I could at long last throw my old one away that had a plastic handle broken. Plenty big enough for a loaf and 4pkt of rolls. Would recommend it to enbody if they lack space like me as it fits in my cupboard perfectly.
on 24 October 2012
I bought this as I was fed up with my homemade bread going mouldy quite quickly in tight fitting plastic containers.

Being ceramic, the lid is not a tight fit and allows a bit of air circulation. Not having preservatives, my home baking obviously will go mouldy before plastic bread, but a ceramic bread box increases its life.

It is quite a tight fit for two complete loaves from a bread maker. However, this is not much of a problem in our household, as the end crust is eaten pretty promptly after baking!

The inscription may not be to everyone's taste, but it sits snuggly on my work top.

Incidentally Paul Hollywood (Great British Bake Off) says we should wrap bread in paper in a bread bin, so I will try that as well.
on 15 November 2013
I had this item sent twice first time it was broken second time lid did not fit properly so I was very dis appointed
on 14 August 2013
Poor quality glaze and clay body, would class as a seconds item in pottery industry. Decal slightly off (transfer on front)
on 28 August 2013
not the best finish, lid dosnt fit tight ,sides are slightly bow out of shape. you get what you pay for.
on 9 February 2015
Nice size, fits perfectly on my work top in the kitchen...I bought a few things in the vintage style.
on 16 February 2015
Great love it looks great arrived in a few days of ordering.
on 29 July 2014
lid is a bit wobbly but it looks nice
on 16 June 2015