Format: DVD|Change
Price:£19.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 30 June 2008
I used this DVD throughout my pregnancy. Tara's a great teacher. Top Tip: try the relaxation section when in labour, I did and actually chilled out enough to 'skip' some contractions. I was also back in pre-pregnancy jeans within 5 weeks. It took 5 months first time round with no DVD!
on 1 November 2011
I've been doing the full practice at least a couple of times a week since about 10 weeks (I'm now nearly 30 weeks).
I absolutely love it - it feels like such a treat to give myself the time to complete it - not least because it has the magic effect of making me feel really 'unpregnant'! It's both energising and relaxing, and makes breathing and moving so much easier.
By the time you get to the more energetic stuff (standing poses, down dogs, asanas etc) you've really got your flow and the whole thing flies by.
The shorter practice (40 mins) is also well worth doing if you're feeling a bit lazier/ less inclined.
Knowing that I can do this - and keep doing it, throughout the pregnancy - has made me feel much stronger and more confident of my body's capabilities. It's great - I've been recommending it to my preggy friends.
My petty gripes would be: I'm not a big fan of the meditation section (I prefer to use a separate hypnobirthing CD), and I'd prefer a longer relaxation section.
on 21 June 2010
I was trying to find a pregnancy yoga DVD that appealed to the more advanced yoga practitioner as I've been doing fitness/power yoga regularly for a year or two. I didn't want a DVD with too much breathing, ohmming or visualisaion, but not too strenuous that I'd struggle with my 35 week baby belly. This one was recommended by a friend.

Tara is a good instructor with good rhythm and pace. Music is a bit too plinky-plonky for my taste but not invasive and doesn't put me off. Graphics are a bit cheesy with ohm logos and parchment effect backdrop. There is an option for Full Practice which takes your through a full workout (70mins) including relaxation at the end, but these sections can be accessed individually with the menu option. Plus there are additional options for Partner Work, Pregnancy Ailments and Visualisation which aren't part of the Full Practice. There's also an option to do the Full Practice without instructions from Tara and just use the music and visual prompts.

Full Practice part of the DVD starts with breathing, a bit of vocalising ohm noises (not my bag but interesting) and basic stretches, then moves on to the kind of yoga I'm more familar with. The yoga is good - in my opinion - the usual poses, downward dog, a sun salutation (variation), triangle, warrior one, cat, tree and pigeon (favourite), plus the more difficult eagle and variations of cobra too. Good examples of positions and movements to use during labour too which i hope will be beneficial. Plus pelvic floor exercises. Tara often gives alternatives for easier or more difficult options and footnotes on screen gives warnings for ladies with groin problems or SPD etc.

Overall, a good workout and I feel that it is a good substitute for my regular classes.
on 17 December 2010
This DVD strikes a good balance between getting a beneficial exercise workout but also keeping the principles of yoga. You get good explanations and advice throughout the sessions. I also like the fact that you move through the postures in a fluid way, making it easier to follow and somehow it keeps your mind focused on the yoga. The session for when you are tired/stressed is also wonderful as often the thought of a full session is a bit much! The only negative I would say is that the music in the background is a bit repetative (variation would have been better) and there is a little bit of discontinuity in some of the filming. All in all this is a very high quality DVD which is offers the best pregnancy yoga practice I have come across so far.
on 31 March 2009
I had never done yoga before buying this DVD. I started getting back pain at about 20 weeks, and so I bought this DVD and practised it almost every morning and found it extremely useful, because my back was always sore and stiff when I got up in the morning. The relaxation techniques are really valuable and the visualisation is great to practice to help put you into a positive frame of mind for the birth.
on 8 January 2016
This DVD is really old - my wife used it before Tara released updates for both her Pregnancy Yoga and Postnatal Yoga DVDs (both available on Amazon at £14.99 each). She also just bought Tara's new x2 DVD boxset - Bump, Baby and Beyond. Pregnancy Yoga and Postnatal Yoga costing £24.99 (also available on Amazon). She loves the boxset - the new Pregnancy DVD is split into sections and has a hypnobirthing section with a leading expert called Katharine Graves. The new Postnatal DVD has been approved by a women's health physiotherapist called Sinead McCarthy. It is also split into sections depending on time available and energy levels. There is also a yoga nidra (deep relaxation) section which my wife and I do together! A must have boxset.
on 15 October 2009
Fantastic. I am new to Yoga and new to pregnancy. Tara's DVD is just what I needed, it has been a source of calm relaxation and has helped keep me flexible and strong. The exercises are well explained and nicely filmed so that it is easy to do them accurately. The music is soothing and appropriate. She is always aware of safety issues and particular conditions like PSD. It feels like she is in your living room with you.

I have had very few pregnancy problems and have remained compact and trim and I'm sure part of this is due to yoga. I have enjoyed recommending it to other pregnant friends. I also had reason to contact Tara through her website and was delighted to receive a rapid and personal response.
on 29 July 2009
This was a fantastic dvd. It really helped me during labour - which was pretty much pain free. There's a lot on breathing at the start - and this was invaluable. Also, the visualisation was very useful, as you approach your due date. I have recommended this to all my friends. I liked the music - but that's subjective. A seriously good buy!
on 18 October 2011
Having practised yoga for about 10 years (and throughout 2 previous pregnancies) I found this DVD very good - its strengthening and relaxing, and Tara is a good presenter. However, if you have not practiced yoga before or are inexperienced at it, I would NOT recommend this DVD (I think the reasons for this are covered in other peoples reviews - some of the postures do not flow together well, lack of basic instruction etc).

Yoga is very beneficial throughout pregnancy (and life in general) but if you're new to it - go to a class with a qualified teacher who can make sure you're doing the postures correctly and who can tailor the postures for your individual requirements. You'll get far more out of it.
on 3 August 2010
I bought this DVD at the beginning of pregnancy having had some yoga practice before I was pregnant. It is very calming and relaxing, as yoga should be. Tara's commentary is soft and calming (unlike some other yoga DVDs I had), the music is just right and the exercises are a good mix of relaxation, stretching and breathing. I did the full practice (70 min) from the beginning of pregnancy up to month 9 and it really made me feel good!

Highly recommend this for any pregnant woman unless you have SPD or groin pain as there are lots of exercises that you cannot do from the full practice, although there is a separate section on pregnancy specific pains which gives you selection of positions you can do if you have those pains.

There is also a visualization section, partner work and subsections from the full practice on relaxation, labour and a shorter practice if you're short on time.