Customer Discussions > 1000 Lives forum

PreOrders Honored?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Nov 2013 23:39:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2013 05:44:11 GMT
Pear says:
I pre ordered this a few days ago, and now it's listed as unavailable. Can I expect to get a copy or not? The publisher currently claims they will only print 500 copies of this. Why on earth sell it through Amazon with such a limited run, and the potential for so many orders? It doesn't do Amazon or Rizzoli any favours.

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 16:19:10 GMT
+1!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:02:34 GMT
ITA Pear. Why list on Amazon at all if the publisher intended to only print 500 copies? Surely the publisher cannot claim ignorance to the popularity of Mr. Pattinson. He has a loyal worldwide fan base, and the reaction to the roll out of this Dior campaign has been enthusiastic. If they were only going to print 500, they should have auctioned them off for charity, or held a lottery. Putting it up on Amazon and then telling the fans only 500 will get copies, is pretty lame. I'm really curious how many fans pre-ordered on Amazon, and will eventually be disappointed. I suppose the good news is they didn't charge our credit cards. Congrats to the lucky 500 :)))

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2013 18:46:09 GMT
I totally agree. I ordered 2 copies as soon as I heard about it in September. To tell us now that only 500 copies will be available is disgusting. Amazon haven't even sent me an e-mail to say I probably won't be getting them.

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 21:46:40 GMT
bluetenzart says:
I´m a Fan from Germany and pre-ordered my copy in time. But now I am very disappointed. I think there is no chance to get one of the 500 copies. Amazon sent me an e-mail to say the book is not available at the moment... I´m very angry and disappointed!

Posted on 19 Nov 2013 04:43:44 GMT
I would also like to add my disappointment as I am another unhappy customer with the author's decision to issue only 500 copies. I would like the messenger, in this case, you Amazon to present the reality to the photographer/author Nan Goldin, that we want her book only because of her subject matter, Robert Pattinson. She obviously has no clue to his tremendous popularity. I am angry, and disappointed. Amazon, be a messenger, relay our opinion of her unfortunate decision.

Posted on 19 Nov 2013 14:03:48 GMT
MovieGal says:
I pre-ordered this in September, received email updates about shipping, and then yesterday received an email that Amazon had cancelled my order. Shame on you Amazon. This is bad business. I am also disappointed in the author/publisher for allowing this to happen. People should not be allowed to pre-order something if you don't have the product to give them.

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 17:56:28 GMT
J. Rud says:
My order was cancelled as well, despite having gotten it during the time it still said it was available. Needless to say my Christmas present to myself is now not coming. To say I'm disappointed in amazon would be an understatement. It was always going to be a limited release, before it even came out it was stated that only 500 were being printed. I'm pissed that amazon would allow me to pre-order a product they clearly did not have when I placed my order.

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 18:51:15 GMT
I am also VERY disappointed!! Why pre-order if Amazon is not going to be able to deliver as promised?? And as said before, the popularity of Mr. Pattinson is well known, so why the small limited number??
This is ridiculous.
P. Crabtree

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 19:16:56 GMT
Hazeldene says:
Just received my cancellation letter. Seems Amazon never got any stock.
Apparently the book is on sale at the Miss Dior Exhibition at Le Grande Palais in Paris, if anyone happens to be going there.

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 19:29:51 GMT
C C K says:
Add me to the disgruntled list. I ordered this back on the day is was first announced. And thought for sure I would get my ordered fulfilled. But today they sent me a message saying:

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

Goldin Nan "1000 Lives"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order, and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.
You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department

I am furious....and they can take their warmest regards and shove it. If they weren't going to let any of us outside of the UK have this, then they should not allow it to be ordered to begin with.

GRRRRR! This experience here has soured me on Amazon....even Amazon.com

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 19:37:02 GMT
Very disappointed in Amazon in that they took orders knowing they could not be fulfilled.

Posted on 21 Nov 2013 23:13:29 GMT
Edgar says:
Feel so dissapointed with Amazon for the very first time...today I received a mail saying my order had been cancelled!!! How can you sell more than 5 hundred units? This is no serious...When I made my purchase this item was available!! how can you say now there are no more items?...we deserve some respect as customers...so sad, so angry...so dissapointed client...

Posted on 22 Nov 2013 00:18:16 GMT
Hazeldene says:
Make a donation instead to the GoGo Charity that Robert supported when he bought the cello made from recycled materials at the event last week. Music made from rubbish has brought joy to the lives of these children, and every cent donated goes to help them, and it is given in Roberts name. Links to the charity and the event on Robsessed.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013 03:46:49 GMT
I would like to add my disappointment to the list as well. I pre ordered this on September 6. the very day it the site. To this day I have not received a cancellation notice nor a dispatch notice.

If Amazon knew they were only gonna get a limited amount of the product they should have stop taking orders once they reached that limit. It is not very business like to fill those orders haphazardly. I know of one person who order the item almost 2 months after I did, She received the item...I DID NOT. How is this possible? The orders should have been filled on a first come first served basis.

Very very disappointed in Amazon as well as the Publisher and the Author.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013 21:54:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Nov 2013 21:59:26 GMT
Hazeldene says:
There is a french website that has this book listed for sale. fnac.com
Use Google Chrome and you can translate the pages.
Good luck

Posted on 23 Nov 2013 00:25:13 GMT
At this point I am soured on the product. I have instead made a donation to the GO Campaign helping to support the recycled instrument orchestra.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2013 12:36:38 GMT
bluetenzart says:
Thank you so much for this link to the french website. I have ordered now my copy there. Hope it will works... Thanks!

Posted on 25 Nov 2013 20:05:05 GMT
Yo hice el pre-pedido desde el primer dia que lo anunciaron y no me ha llegado todavia . Ni siquiera me han mandado un correo para decirme que pasaba con el. si resulta que no era de los 500 primeros lo podrían haber dicho. ahora, donde se supone que fue mi dinero? Que alguien me diga algo, por favor.

Posted on 30 Nov 2013 09:32:58 GMT
bluetenzart says:
After amazon.co.uk the french website fnac.com canceld my order, too. Soooooo sad and dissappointed... No "1000 lives" for me :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  1000 Lives forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  17 Nov 2013
Latest post:  30 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
1000 Lives
1000 Lives by Goldin Nan / Pattins (Paperback - 16 Nov. 2013)
3.6 out of 5 stars (41)