Pre-oder no longer available = they finally ran out?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2012 07:20:11 BDT
Kain N. says:
Can I take this a sign they know exactly how many C.E.s they will get (got?) already? More specifically, does this guarantee that I'm going to get mine (ordered 9 hours after it became available on 15th)?

That's a lot of C.E.s they got themselves, if I'm right, seeing how it took 16 days to run out even if other places sold out in hours. I know Amazon is big and most ppl ordered months ago from other places but 16 days? Really? Everyone that ordered gets one (I hope so)?

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 10:31:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Apr 2012 10:32:05 BDT
The same, would be nice to get the answer to it...

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 12:52:28 BDT
C. Webber says:
Remember, Game with going into administration probably lost their allocation, and Game's allocation was probably redistributed amongst the other retailers.

Posted on 3 Apr 2012 17:39:32 BDT
José S. says:
I'm pretty sure you'll get your copy. 9 hours really isn't enough for all of them to be gone

Thankfully, i ordered mine 4 minutes after the Blizzard announcement, which i guess was exactly at the time it became available here :3

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 07:21:43 BDT
So what about preorder

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 09:56:26 BDT
ON the German Amazon site they have a disclaimer that the number of Collector's Editions the supplier assured them they would get is sold out and that they therefore do not accept any more pre orders. They also say that it could be that some CEs will become available when people cancel their pre orders but that's it. It looks like they do not expect to get any more CEs.

Posted on 5 Apr 2012 14:19:38 BDT
HR Smth says:
they seem to have eventually sold out now - remember these days most CE's aren't actually rare - but then the publishers never say they are - they are just collectors editions - there will still be 10000's of them worldwide...

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 06:42:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Apr 2012 06:42:32 BDT
Genee says:
Anyone has any idea when the CE will become available again, if at all? It took me a while to collect my money and when finally wanted to buy it is not longer available. How was it with SC2 CE? Did it ran out? Did they resupply or once you run out there is no other way of getting the CE? Please help!

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 07:41:01 BDT
Kain N. says:
Amazon has said that some people will cancel their pre-orders and then it might become available again but atm it's still not clear when they will know how many ppl will cancel and when they decide to reopen pre-orders (if ever, it may be on 14th when they see exactly what they have to ship and what was cancelled so it won't be pre-order anymore just order and a very small number OR it could happen before if/when enough ppl cancel).

Resupply from Blizzard seems to be out of the question (they said they won't be making more and they never did when they said that + the German Amazon said they sold out and won't be getting more than what they were promised). Resupply from other places (those options to buy through Amazon from other stores or individuals) is still possible, even probable.

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 16:04:27 BDT
José S. says:
It's available right now lol

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 16:26:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Apr 2012 16:27:44 BDT
Pie says:
Looks like there are a few copies coming and going FAST. My guess: cancelled orders.
I was able to grab one thanks to the 1-click buy. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Apr 2012 07:54:20 BDT
John L says:
Stay tuned to Diablo 3 CE page at Amazon USA. If you dont mind paying more for shipping, you can get yours from the USA site when it is restocked.
I've been monitoring the page and they seem to restock every weekend or so.

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 12:28:58 BDT
C. Webber says:
It's still available from Game, unless they go back into administration within the next few weeks

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 13:59:26 BDT
Jas says:
I love amazon for delivering such beautiful editions
Glad to shop from amazon , at least they are reliable..

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2012 16:38:35 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Apr 2012 16:57:47 BDT]

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 16:53:09 BDT
C. Webber says:
Jas, it's the reason why I've stopped purchasing from the likes of Game. But, sometimes, Amazon don't always stock special/collector's editions, and sometimes they run out of stock:)

Mr. Cameron S. Carter, I'm sure I read somewhere that Diablo won't be region specific, ie one version, global servers

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Apr 2012 16:57:37 BDT
My mistake, Diablo 3 is indeed not region locked. Will delete original post.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2012 22:16:27 BDT
The Pirate says:
The servers are regional. You're simply locked to them. Like in d2 for example.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2012 23:02:25 BDT
Genee says:
@ C. Webber and M.Cameron S. Carter.
Can you please provide the source of that info (region lock)? I am very concerned on that issue and would like to know it for sure.

Posted on 11 Apr 2012 23:41:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2012 23:45:25 BDT
Kain N. says:
No, the servers are not locked. You can order D3 from anywhere, install it, and from Battle.net choose any region you want to play in. The only locked thing is that if you choose to play on US region while you have the home address in Europe in the Bnet account you will not be able to use the Real Money Auction House AT ALL until you change the region you want to play in. (Ofc you will have to deal with latency since it's on a different continent).

You can change region at any time as many times as you want but the characters you make do not move between regions (or items or gold or artisan upgrades and I think friends lists are also region specific and don't move or interact).

Unless they announce they changed any of this later this is the last public statement (and it's still in the FAQs in this form).

Also for people that still want to preorder from Amazon.co.uk it seems they open up once in a while (most likely from cancelled preorders since restocking at this point is out of the question).

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 10:17:20 BDT
Kwisatz says:
I grabbed one too few minutes ago. Very happy right now ;)

Posted on 13 Apr 2012 18:56:35 BDT
Pre-Order Confirmed, Next Day Delivery Confirmed, Week of Work Confirmed, 10 years of D2 experience COnfirmed.

Posted on 14 Apr 2012 10:56:28 BDT
Andrea says:
Just preordered it. Hope to get it after a couple of days after the release

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 13:50:52 BDT
Jas says:
Back up for pre-orders!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  3 Apr 2012
Latest post:  16 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III - Collector's Edition (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III - Collector's Edition (PC/Mac DVD) by Blizzard (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (55)