- Paperback: 362 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford; 2 edition (29 Jan. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0192628410
- ISBN-13: 978-0192628411
- Product Dimensions: 24.4 x 2 x 18.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 273,105 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Practical Nuclear Medicine (Oxford Medical Publications) Paperback – 29 Jan 1998
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the reviews of the third edition:
"This third edition of a popular text provides an ideal overview of nuclear medicine. The initial chapters provide a clear, concise explanation of the science behind the technology before proceeding to detailed practical information on clinical applications according to organ systems. The inclusion of analysis techniques and problems encountered add to the usefulness of the book as both a reference and a day-to-day guide. … It is certainly a book that would soon become well thumbed in any nuclear medicine department!" (Dr. E. A. Jones, RAD Magazine, September, 2006)
"The intention of the editors and co-authors was to present an overview of the present technical state of the art of nuclear medicine … . This book has been thoroughly updated; it contains 17 chapters with 222 figures including 17 color plates. … In summary, the book provides up-to-date information on practical nuclear medicine. It can be recommended to students, residents, and physicians in related fields to enhance their awareness of the benefits and limitations of imaging certain diseases." (Mei Tian, Oncology, Vol. 70 (5), 2006)--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
From the Back Cover
Nuclear medicine plays a crucial role in patient care and this book is an essential guide for all practitioners to the many techniques that inform clinical management. The first part covers the scientific basis of nuclear medicine, the rest of the book deals with clinical applications. With a particular emphasis throughout on the practice of nuclear medicine, real-life practical problems encountered in nuclear medicine both in clinical practice and in the introduction of new techniques are addressed.
Following on the success of the previous edition, this book is also expanded by covering areas of development in nuclear medicine, such as PET, methods of tumor imaging and data processing. All illustrations for this new edition reflect current standards of image quality.
This practical approach results in a book which is invaluable to the radiologist, physician, physicist or technologist starting in nuclear medicine but also contains up-to-date advice for the most experienced practitioner.--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Written by experts, this second edition builds on the value of the first, updating and reviewing where neccessary.
Each chapter is focussed on a body system with easy-to-read tables which contain the vital elements of each procedure. A useful section is included on equipment, quality control and radiation protection.
This book is a must have for all nuclear medicine departments and at the price represents amazingly good value for money.
Reviewed by Anthony Bennett DCR(R); MSc; SRR Senior Radiographer Nuclear Medicine Department West Suffolk Hospital UK
Bought this book having entered a new role within NM and it is proving to be a very good companion!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Radiography
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Radiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Radiology & Medical Imaging
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics