Ace the Sale! is a no nonsense guide, uniquely written for the busy sales rep. Using a golf course analogy, this book takes each hole as a must-do step in the sales cycle. There is clear instruction on everything the sales rep needs, including how to raise your Emotional Intelligence and better connect with prospects, understanding how to price deals, recognising when to ‘walk away’, what reference visits should accomplish, developing dynamic presentations skills, and much more!
Based on the author’s highly successful sales career experiences, and filled with real world examples and insights – this book offers a fast track understanding for greater success in the tough but exciting world of sales.
Who this book is for:
If you are a sales rep who wants to sell more software, hardware or services more often, with higher margins, then this book is for you. Even experienced reps and managers will find valuable information that is new, provocative, even controversial, but all geared towards one thing – selling!
What you will learn:
- Become a sales rep superstar: close more sales with better margins
- Develop your Emotional Intelligence and understand what makes your prospects tick
- See why the informal structure in a company is more important than the formal hierarchy
- Boost your negotiating skills with real world tips, hints and insights
- Learn the tell tale signs of a deal heading south
- Recognise why saying “no” in a sales cycle is a strength, not a weakness
- Uncover the truth when everyone is lying to you
- A step-by-step, no-nonsense, fast track guide to the sales cycle, written by an industry expert; ample margins for annotations
About the author:
Nick Gomersall was responsible for sales in Northern Europe for JD Edwards in the mid 1990s. Selling to multi-million dollar corporations like Electrolux, Glaxo SmithKline, Disney, Johnson Matthey (and many more) taught Nick that selling at this level required a strategy to handle the many different buyers that were involved in making a decision.
Using tried and tested methodology coupled with his own unique insight into selling, Nick and his team constantly hit their sales numbers. With this experience behind him Nick then turned a loss making consultancy company into one of the UK's Times Tech 100 fastest growing companies. Using all the techniques that are in this book, Nick took a team of product consultants and turned them into one of the most effective sales forces in the market.
I have known Nick since 1981 and he has worked for me at Insight Database System, Data 3 and The GL Company (now InsightSoftware.com). As an investor in technology companies it is important that money is spent wisely. Being able to train presales people to become Ace sales reps protects cash flow, reduces head count and ensures that the prospect actually works with a sales rep that knows and understands their issues. I would definitely recommend this book to any sales rep, manager or investor.
- Matt Crotty, Chairman of InsightSoftware.com
If you don't have Emotional Intelligence "EQ", which is covered on hole 2 of this book, then you might as well find another profession. Nick has "EQ" in abundance and recruited a talented team of people high in "EQ", who have all gone on to be leaders in their own right in major software and service companies. A great read and a particle guide in closing complex B2B sales.
- Rod McDonald, Ex SVP of Sales JD Edwards
7 Reviews on Amazon.co.uk
Five x 5 star
Two x 4 star