on 30 March 2013
This is a fantastic reference book. Well laid out and easy to follow.
I have been in the trade for 25 years and I would recommend this book to anyone in the electrical trade or thinking of a career in the electrical trade.
on 11 September 2013
This book is a must for anyone taking the 2934 / 2935 exam. Gives a good guide to exam requirements, and explained in easy terms.
on 5 December 2014
A great book accompanied by his associated videos on YouTube. Studying for my City and Guilds 2392,2394 and 2395 I found it a great help in getting the principles hammered into my head whilst studying alone at home. The only downside was that the way in which he performed some tests was in contrast to the way my training centre want the tests performed which caused me some confusion. However the tests are fully acceptable as there is more than one way to do them and having to work out how it related to my way enhanced my understanding of the testing as a whole so that has to be a good thing. A great book for a student for sure. Wouldn't be without it in my library.
on 6 November 2013
Helped immensely with the revision needs I required for me to pass my Inspection and testing exams. Would definitely recommend.
on 6 April 2013
This book is a godsend to soon to be electricians and electricians on initiation as well as seasoned professionals.

A clear indication of what is required and expected of an Electrician on site. An accurate sequence of test required for each level of certification required and a guide to form filling. What you should find when approaching a new job and how to use the information and test equipment. Calculations are always part of the job but their construction takes a while to master so the guidance is key to successfully completing projects. For the novice items like locking off get clarification, pictures are worth a thousand words. All of the pictures are clear and self explanatory.

The background support that the book affords can only benefit both trainees and "Improvers" to quote something from my day. I have read several books on the subject and this is the best to date.

ISBN 978-0-08-096907-7
on 12 October 2014
I am looking at taking my 2394/2395 exams and after being recommended this book I took the plunge. I normally do lots of reading online however this book is put together in such a clear and easy to understand way it os now my source of all answers for my testing exams

IT clearly explains the test sequences, much more details as to why the tests are carried out and their full purpose as copared to GN3.

This book is essential for anyone who conducts electrical testing and for those such as myself who is in the process of taking my 2394/2395 exams.
on 2 August 2015
It is a far easier book to read than most.
This book is great if you are doing 2394/5 for any of the Education bodies. tho some of the EIRC has changed what is dam upsetting as it was one of the main things that set this book apart from the rest. Also in the EIC has changed a bit on the tick sheet....
Suggest if they bring out a new one then go for that.
on 25 October 2014
Best book I have bought on inspection and testing, plenty of photos to clearly explain things, ideal for students or electricians like my self to keep up to date, plenty of worked examples, excellent, the author's experience and practical know how really show through.
on 3 March 2014
I have purchased a few books by this author and find them very factual and down to earth. The way these books are written is very informative and the back up with the practical on line tips brings inspection and testing to life I always recommend this book to my students and even experienced electricians I know who have erred over time excellent value for money. John the squirrel
on 4 September 2014
Instant download via kindle. Had a quick look through. Good clear photos of testing set up and connections. Essential for anyone undertaking electrical work whether youngster in training or as useful revision for the experience to up date on current thinking and requirements.