Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 1-6 of 6 questions
votes
Depends what you want to charge. It won't charge a laptop on a cloudy day but maybe a phone. I used mine in Portugal and it used to charge my macbook pretty well but only in the sun.
21 Jan 2015 by luke
votes
I doubt the company can give you an answer to that on any given day due to weather and time of year. It depends on how sunny or overcast it is. On a bright April day here in the tropics (our summer) it will recharge my iPhone 6's flat battery in a little over four hours.
28 days ago by Bedtime Reader
votes
Sorry but I don't know I gave up with this ages ago as try as I might I couldn't get it to work with the HP laptop that I had at the time. I emailed for help but never received a reply. Finally I gave it to a charity shop so hopefully someone somewhere has found a use for it.
29 Jan 2015 by Ado58
votes
Not on the model I have.
12 Jan 2015 by Bedtime Reader
votes
Thanks for your enquiry. I did not find the Solargorilla at all practical for charging my Samsung netbook, and returned it for a refund. It took many hours to only half charge it, even in seemingly strong tropical light. However, I should make clear that this was more than 3 years ago - perhaps they have improved the brand? Judging from my experience, the best bet is to use a cigarette lighter plug charger in a vehicle, if one doesn't have access to 220v, although I subsequently found that petrol generators are easier to find in remote parts of Africa than I had anticipated.
1 Sep 2014 by Smith, Oxford
votes
I have no idea, but it proved pretty ineffective in charging my small netbook in West African conditions (i.e. strong sunlight but also fairly frequent, if fairly high, cloud cover). I had bought it as I was working in an area with no main electric supply or generator. I replaced it with a plug-in charger for a vehicle cigarette lighter, and this proved much more efficient and speedy, at a fraction of the cost. Had it been more effective there would still have been a problem of where to install it securely (the advert showed it sitting on a car bonnet, which seems doubtful, on two fronts - .e. moving the car/why not use a plug-in charger to the car?). In summary, I was extremely disappointed with this expensive device and relieved that Amazon refunded my costs without question.
13 Apr 2014 by Smith, Oxford
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers