on 15 September 2012
I opted to purchase this refurbed pc instead of buying new and wish I hadn't, I've had to spend a further £60 on it to bring it up to date as any programme you try to run asks you to update before your able to use it. It's great for most things but not up to date.
on 26 July 2013
Before you think of buying this please read.

After reading these earlier reviews, I would like to point out a few things to the unsuspecting potential buyers of this product.

The description of this product states that it has Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 pre-installed.
I would like to point out that this Windows Operating System is now outdated, and can be confirmed via the Microsoft website that all support for this product will stop as of April 2014.

2GB Ram
As one of the earlier reviews stated, 2 Gig of ram is slow by today's standards. Unfortunately, this can't be upgraded on its own, as Windows XP can only recognise up to 2GB of Ram. For more Ram, you would need to run Windows Vista or above.

Apart from those above points, the system itself isn't that bad.

I hope that I may have helped sopeople understand what it is they are potentially buying
on 12 January 2013
Item received in good order and in good time. I am pleased with the overall running of this item, especially now that I have increased the RAM. The only point of dislike I have is that it is a slimline pc and this restrictes the upgrading of the graphics card.
on 15 November 2011
Up to now I built my own computers, but the attraction of the Optiplex is that it is constructed using parts that I could not easily obtain for myself. It is a compact (surprisingly heavy) machine that runs quietly and efficiently. I improved its performance dramatically by wiping out XP Pro and installing Linux Ubuntu 10.04, so I now have a machine that performs as I would expect of a new one but at a much lower price.
on 9 February 2013
good i like it only there is no driver for reboot, that why i give 4 star and the ram only 2 gb not fast enough. if 4 gb thats will be very good
on 6 April 2012
suppose its a good enough unit but it was not stated in info about the item having no cables you would need to buy power and vga cable yourself
on 2 July 2014
I would recommend this seller to any one as all the items I have purchased from them have been of exceptional quality, value and fast delivery
on 5 May 2014
It is just what I wanted and it is in very good condition; very little surface marking. A huge number of USB sockets and a powerful processor.
on 3 February 2012
Does what it says. It is a refurbished desktop and there were a few scratches on the outside but it does the job i bought it for.
on 12 June 2012
Having an existing Dell computer at present that has more than done its fair share of work -and needs to retire in my opinion or go into rehab --its much easier in fact to purchase an much refreshed one that been been fully overhauled and ready to pursue another chance to please its owner - so as I,ve not yet even done the right thing and swapped over full control of my internet activities to the new refurbished model so obviously I cant give a full comprehensive review -all I can say is that I have every faith in this company-- and the dell product itself---