Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Oct 2012 19:23:18 BDT
I havent actually bought this charger yet, but I have just received my Kindle Fire HD. Noticed when I used the USB charger plugged into my laptop to charge it warns you that you are using a low power charging source. So I used an Amazon USB plug that I already had, connected the Kindle Fire USB cable to that plug, plugged it in and no warning. Fingers crossed this will charge just as quick and means not having to pay a ridiculous 17.99 for a simple charger

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 09:05:08 GMT
C. Atkins says:
To charge nearly 20 for something that should be included in the box. hat about kindle customers that don't have a pc how do they charge the machine ?. The fact that the lack of a plug is not documented on the the site is equally bad shame of you Amazon

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2012 19:30:10 GMT
I bought two kindle Fire HD one for myself and one for my wife, and I think that the price Amazon are charging 17.99 is abit off,But did have my white charger for my older Kindle and tried it and it charged the Kindle Fire HD in just over 4 hours...

Posted on 9 Dec 2012 12:37:38 GMT
I to bought a kindle fire and was appalled no charger unit supplied so tried the one from my H T C phone it works just fine and as will be using kindle in my motorhome most of the time this will be one less plug to carry

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 09:33:24 GMT
couldnt agree more my son bought me my kindle, i am 77 years old and to have to pay nearly 20 pounds for the charger is a con,

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 09:55:30 GMT
If you have a Iphone or ipad/ipod device the mains plug for that will charge your Kindle for free, if not go on Ebay like I did and pay 2.49 free delivery for a iphone plug, then just connect your micro usb cable into the Kindle and the standard usb into mains plug socket works a treat.

Posted on 31 Dec 2012 11:19:46 GMT
Sue Grierson says:
I too have just worked out that Amazon expect me to pay 17.99 for a charger! Thank you for all the comments explaining that any charger with USB fitting will work. Am now using my Samsung camera charger and it seems to be working - great, as that goes with me on holidays and will save spending the money and adding extra weight to the luggage!

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 19:18:11 GMT
Tammy Myoho says:
I have a USB power charger for my regular kindle, so I suppose the same one should also work for the fire HD? Can't see what the difference is. Will plug it in to the mains and see - has anyone else tried this yet?

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 20:52:39 GMT
MISS Evans says:
I'm using an ipad mains adapter and has charged fine but concerned it will damage my Fire HD, any opinions out there?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 21:31:17 GMT
It works fine and no problems, and much cheaper than the rip off 17.99 charger which is a waste of money, don't be fooled by their scare tack ticks.

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 17:20:39 GMT
book worm says:
Help NO charger with Fire HD, going on holiday soon, i have a Samsug galaxy S 11 Quicktap phone with charger
output 5.0v/0.7amp, will this do the job, do not see why we have to pay for a charger at 17.99

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 18:08:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Feb 2013 13:15:48 GMT
Tammy Myoho says:
I have a Samsung digi camera with usb port. 4.4 V 400 mA . It does charge but a bit slow. The old kindle reader charger works too, a bit faster thankfully. Have started charging it overnight to not loose time. And it is still working fine!

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:14:03 GMT
victoria 63 says:
Tablet Power Adaptor, Kindle PowerFast for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD)
Why not comment Amazon? Do you not care? EVERYBODY should note that a perfectly acceptable charger can be bought on EBay (no Auction) for about 15 less. Maybe it charges your Kindle Fire more slowly.....but if you sleep at nights, is this a problem? If nobody falls for Amazon's con - because that's what it is - then either the price drops or the adaptor is supplied with the Kindle Fire.

Posted on 5 Feb 2013 20:15:10 GMT
Tammy Myoho says:
I have a Samsung digi camera with usb port. 4.4 V 400 mA . It does charge but a bit slow. The old kindle reader charger works too, a bit faster thankfully. Have started charging it overnight to not loose time.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2013 20:13:17 GMT
Phil Mars says:
It works perfectlly fine, been using it since obtaining my Hd

Posted on 24 Feb 2013 20:53:52 GMT
victoria 63 says:
Phil, What works perfectly fine - the expensive charger or alternative(s)? Thanks.

Posted on 30 Mar 2013 00:21:20 GMT
gazuk says:
Argos do the power fast one for 12.99 now !!! or youcan get the Universal Micro usb charger for around 7 quid !!! with a slower charge time ! Just got a Kindle fire and am really anoyed that it did not have in the fancy Box....the all IMPORTANT POWER Adaptor !!!!! nut just the usb lead !!!!!!!!! Perfetic !! ALL laptops and Mobile Phones ALWAYS have this in the BOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 3 Apr 2013 15:14:26 BDT
steve says:
Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - With Special Offers

Have two of these both charged on generic chargers for a couple of months now refuse to do so.Will both charge only on Kindle Fast Charge a pain as this is without doubt the most expenses Micro USB charger in the World (At least it works)
Tip you can get a second hand one on the marketplace

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2013 22:43:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Apr 2013 22:45:05 BDT
lizzyeddy says:
I've been using an iphone charger for my new kindle (for 4 months) but now the charger wont work anymore. I'm unsure if the Kindle has done the damage but think its now best to buy the charger that is most suitable for charging a Kindle, even if it does cost the earth.......not a happy bunny!!!

Posted on 23 Jul 2013 21:55:19 BDT
Anne Moore says:
When you buy a phone it comes with a charger. If you buy a computer it comes with a plug. So why not the Kindle? Absolutely stupid. Not happy.

Posted on 30 Jul 2013 16:45:23 BDT
Mags Watson says:
Am not at all pleased that there is no charger included with the Kindle Fire HD-at the price for the tablet you are entitled to receive the charger included.I received the Kindle for my birthday from my family & they were most annoyed when I opened it to find no charger included.Shame on you Amazon1

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2013 16:00:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2013 16:04:15 BDT
Isabelle says:
Hiya, this is for FOR MALCOLM BUTTERWORTH I have just paid for charger off Ebay, I read your post, and I now have my iphone charger charging Kindle very clever!! Thanks very much indeed, try and cancel charger....Isabelle :)

Posted on 7 Dec 2013 08:14:13 GMT
Heather says:
I bought the Fast charger for my Kindle Fire, and only got to use it recently as have been abroad for a while. (It is now too late to return it as a result). I plugged it in and guess what - it took all day to charge!!! What a waste of money. Never mind being termed as "fast" - it is no faster than the one that came with the Kindle Fire when I bought it. Why on earth does it take so long to charge something??? Kindle Power Fast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 11:46:16 GMT
Has anybody lifted the two small black cardboard flaps at the bottom of the box for a kindle fire Hd and found a mains power adaptor ? Well i did and i indeed have a mains power adaptor!! which i plugged the usb cable (located in the recess in the centre of the box) into and into the mains and its charged up. i bought mine from Waterstones, and if you read the small print on the back of the box it says that the amazon 9w power adaptor is included !! so don't understand why you need to buy another charger or am i just lucky ? paid 119 for it and its the 8gb version. Suggest everyone has a look.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2013 19:14:51 GMT
Think you're just lucky Mr. Tate....none in mine...& have been charging mine since last nigh...first on the pc & from lunchtime on my phone charger, think it's a disgrace that it doesn't come with a mains charger...my son is desperate to start playing with his kindle.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  24
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  26 Oct 2012
Latest post:  17 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers)
Kindle PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers) by Amazon
4.2 out of 5 stars   (2,914)