- Say what needs to be said without fear of misinterpretation or creating negative emotional responses
- Master six basic methods for crafting power phrases for any setting and every social, professional, or interpersonal situation
From the Back Cover
Get to the point! Learn how to use Power Phrases to say what you mean...and get what you want.
If you have ever walked away from a situation because you didn't know what to say, or you didn't know what to say but you spoke anyway, you know about all the stress, confusion, wasted time, missed opportunities, and hurt feelings you could have avoided if only you'd said the right thing at the right time.
Now internationally acclaimed executive coach and communication guru Meryl Runion introduces you to a powerful, easy-to-master communication technology that lets you say what you mean, mean what you say, and get what you want--at home, in the office, and in every social and interpersonal setting. In a lively narrative, crackling with wry wit and loving observations of people and their foibles, Runion teaches you six basic methods for crafting Power Phrases--short, focused expressions that are direct and to the point without seeming brusque or nasty. Once you've masterd the art of using PowerPhrases there is no limit to what you can accomplish. In no time you'll be wielding Power Phrases and you will:
- Learn a new language that will open up honest dialogue instantly
- Confidently say what needs to be said without fear of misinterpretation or negative emotional responses
- Resolve sensitive situations quickly and effectively
- Avoid being taken advantage of, ignored, passed over, or undervalued
- Communicate your needs and desires and get the results you want
- Nip harassment in the bud