on 25 January 2009
This review is specific to the Spanish hardcover edition of the book.

Having read the previous six books in the Harry Potter Spanish series in paperback and found the manufacturing quality of the books a slight let down (especially La Orden del Fenix, which fell apart) I splashed out on the hardcover for the last book. The hardcover feels much better put together and would stand up to several reads, as you would expect for the price. The artwork on the Spanish editions is lovely (better than the English editions?) and this is no exception.

One thing of note is that the translation in my copy was in peninsular rather than the Latin American Spanish of the other six books in my posession (all paperback from Amazon). This made no difference to me, as I want to be familiar with both.

I won't go into the story too much as many will already be familiar and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it. I'm sure there are countless reviews in the entry for the English original. Suffice to say that for me it's one of - if not the best - of the series, and the last few chapters where seven books worth of plot come together are truly gripping.
on 26 January 2013
Es un libro muy emocionante y muy bien escrito. Entretenido y los personajes bien enfocados. Te ries y lloras con el!

It is, indeed a very good book, clever and well written. You allways feel the emotion, the adventure and connect very well with the drama on it. You laugh and cry with it very easily! Not only a children book!
on 13 April 2015
Arrived within the time and in great condition!! I've really enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series in Spanish, however I'm a bit disappointed that this translated into European Spanish - however it seems that a Latin American Spanish version is pretty tricky to come by for this final book. Still a great story though.
on 13 January 2016
challenging but makes me think and helps my spanish
on 13 April 2015