This Ultimate Edition
features the third film in the Harry Potter
series on both DVD and Blu-ray. Also included is a 48-page photo book with rare images from years 1-7 and two Ultimate Edition
character cards. Special Features
- Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 3: Creating the Vision: Interview with J.K. Rowling and the filmmakers
- Conjuring a Scene: Creating Buckbeak and the Dementors for the screen
- Johnny Vaughan and the shrunken head lead raucous interviews with the cast
- Self-guided tours of Honeydukes and Professor Lupin's classroom
- Meet the animal trainers in care of magical creatures
Adapted from JK Rowling's third novel, this installment of the family fantasy adventure story finds trainee wizard Harry Potter (played by Daniel Radcliffe) and his best friends Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint), facing the dangerous convict Sirius Black (played by Gary Oldman). Black has escaped from Azkaban Prison and is on his way to Hogwarts, so the school calls in supernatural assistance in the form of Dementors -- but will they turn out to be a great help or a further threat?
The first of the Harry Potter films to be directed by acclaimed Mexican film director Alfonso Cuarón, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban is generally regarded as the most stylised and darkest entry in the series thus far. It stars the actors from the preceding films in the series, except for the role of Albus Dumbledore, which sees Michael Gambon take over from the late Richard Harris. Much of the original crew also returned, including screenwriter Steve Kloves.
The film broke several opening records around the world upon its release, including the top opening film in UK film history, and made approximately £20m in its first three days, totaling £90.3m in ten days.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.