Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Oct 2008 14:59:13 GMT
MS says:
I read on the US site that JK has done a short 800 word prequel about James and Sirius- does anyone know where to buy it or what it's called?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 15:38:56 GMT
The Renegado says:
It was published in What's Your Story, a postcard book published by Waterstones. The book sold out almost immediately. There are some copies available from marketplace sellers on Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whats-Your-Story-Postcard-Collection/dp/1902603575/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225467348&sr=8-1).

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 18:31:24 GMT
MS says:
Is it still available new from waterstones?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 19:14:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2008 19:21:18 GMT
MS, the postcard book of which profits went to charity was a collection of postcards, each containing an original piece of work from 21 famous authors and several chosen pieces from the public. They sold out within 2 days of release. Waterstones totally underestimated the pulling draw of JK Rowling. Of course they know she will draw attention but not to this scale. So a few weeks ago they printed more, and I was able to buy one 2nd time around having missed the rush 1st time. Give the stores a call to see if maybe they have any left because I dont think the 2nd time availability was shouted out loud for everyone to hear. JK wrote a scene involving James and Sirius from a non-existent prequel. Its a delightful piece and gives us a wonderful snapshot of James and Sirius in their heyday.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2008 19:24:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2008 19:24:15 GMT
Ok, I just had a look at Waterstones website and dont even have the page for this book anymore. So I think its unlikely they will print anymore. I guess this is pretty muc a collector's item and as Renegado suggests, the marketplace is the only way to get it.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 19:42:40 GMT
MS says:
Is there anywhere you can read it online- people are charging ridiculous amounts for these stories.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 23:57:15 GMT
M. Young says:
Try googling for something like Harry Potter Prequel, or variants thereof. It was on the Waterstone's What's your Story? website http://www.waterstoneswys.com/ for a while, and you might find fansites that kept a copy.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2008 16:10:52 GMT
Here you go MS. The full story in her 800 words on Mugglenet.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1684
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  31 Oct 2008
Latest post:  16 Nov 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions