Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 Ultimate Editions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-49 of 49 posts in this discussion
Posted on 11 Mar 2013 23:18:45 GMT
Jack says:
Yeah I saw the American edition with the Blu-ray banner at the top and weird border. It'll stick out.

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 14:32:52 GMT
Jack says:
Dear Jack,

I have received some information back for you on the Harry Potter Ultimate Edition:

At the time when we released the first six films in the Ultimate Collector's Edition format, the final two films were not available to us for release in the same way. We would, however have released them as part of this set if they had been available so that the whole set were ready at one time.

However, now that we have assessed the release of the first six films, we found that the consumer demand was not as required to release the final two films at this time. However, please be reassured that from time to time we will evaluate this.ad news...

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 15:04:36 GMT
RRP says:
Wow. That's too bad. I must say, I'm surprised.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2013 17:55:13 GMT
Simon F. says:
This is very interesting. I did actually reply to your March 6th musings with a rather long and rambling essay, but for some reason Amazon did not post it but the gist was my theory that Warners were holding Year 7 back due to the giant Wizards Collection flying off the shelf, and the fact that this entire series just was'nt selling very well hence the price reduction. Hate to say I told you so but...

So hot shot, waddya gonna do now? Waddya gonna do.... (Dennis Hopper to Keanu Reeves in Speed)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2013 22:19:20 GMT
Jack says:
Wish I saw it Simon. Think it would have been quite a good theory there

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 22:22:19 GMT
Jack says:
And what I will do now is just buy the USA version I think. It's nice to know that Warner Bros. gave me a genuine reason. I'm happy with that. I can now order in peace :)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2013 12:56:11 GMT
Simon F. says:
Yeah, go for it Jack before the price rises on this one. Might be worth shopping around before you click on buy... Certainly worth having.

Posted on 18 Mar 2013 15:56:10 GMT
Carolanne says:
I think this is a disgrace! I mailed them before seeing this forum and have had the same copy and paste answer that everyone else on here has had. Im in the process of forming an official complaint with WB about it to see what can be done. Its just wrong for them to sell the 1st 6 and call them collectors editions and then not allow us to complete the collection!

Posted on 19 Mar 2013 01:12:00 GMT
Ms R. Gil says:
I really believe that at one moment they will release it, maybe it is just wait. The Ultimate Collection took so long to be released in UK anyway... By the way, this is the thing which I can't understand, because Harry is British, all the actors, production and everything was made here, so why leave UK as last???
About buy it somewhere else, well, I would like to complete the collection, but I just will do it if is for have all the same, as I said another time... I bought the Wizard Collection, so what I want is not really the Dvd's or extras, is the box set and a nice looking shelf with all the volumes on it. But, if I was going to give up and buy something different, only to complete it, I wouldn't buy the American one, I would buy the German or Brazilian (I don't know about the other countries) that's the part 1 and 2 separated!!!

Posted on 20 Mar 2013 19:48:44 GMT
Jack says:
Yeah I totally agree. By the way Simon I have a quick question. Is the Blu-ray banner thing at the top of the US ultimate edition removable? Because I don't want it to look out of place with the rest of the collection.

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 13:47:44 GMT
Simon F. says:
Hi Jack. No the banner is printed onto the box, but you can remove the 3D lenticular photo from the front of the box if you wish. It's held in place by the Blu Ray banner! I have written a full review of this set if you wish to know more.

Posted on 10 Sep 2013 22:48:07 BDT
Thomas says:
so i have a feeling that it won't be coming to the UK then...is the US edition region free, i heard it was?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2013 06:54:59 BDT
Simon F. says:
The Blu-Ray's are region free, the DVD's are region one.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2013 09:27:25 BDT
Thomas says:
Sweet, now I need to find the cheapest and most reliable place to buy it from

Posted on 5 Oct 2013 11:31:56 BDT
Laura Cullen says:
So where did everyone get there 7 part 1 and part 2 from.
Really want this for my collection.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2013 10:01:03 BDT
Simon F. says:
Laura if you are after a copy of the Year 7 box set, then there are a couple up at Amazon market place @ 46 each (both US imports) or try DVDWorldUSA.com who have it for 39.99. They import all types of region 1 DVD's and multi region Blu Rays to the UK and I have bought from them in the past and found them to be a really excellent company. All VAT is prepaid so your order should not get held up by Customs. The two orders I placed with them both arrived within a week - that's really good going as far as I am concerned as this stuff is sent direct from the US. Let me know how you get on...

Posted on 12 Oct 2013 07:03:26 BDT
I am very upset by this because in New Zealand only the first 2 were released so I was pleased to find that the UK had them for reasonable prices and in DVD format so I purchased 3-6 from there, but I now have a very jumbled collection (the NZ boxes are once again different) and I was hoping to get #7 from the UK as well but was disappointed to find it had not been released there either. As I don't own a bluray player and getting number 7 to were I live would be really expensive im not sure what to do anymore because I want to complete my collection

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 23:33:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2013 23:34:26 GMT
Ms R. Gil says:
It is here!!!! It will be on sale on uk from 2 of December EVERYBODY!!!!!!
It's like I dreamed it! Two editions, one for each of the Parts + come with DVD and Blu-Ray... It look like exactly the previous one!! I'm so happy I haven't bought the american edition!!!!!!!

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 23:39:42 GMT
Thomas says:
Woohoo!!!!!!!

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 23:42:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2013 23:42:38 GMT
Ms R. Gil says:
By the way, everybody... I was checking and I don't know if it is a mistake or not, but the special edition of Page to Screen is priced today as 10.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already have one, but I just bought another one, just in case is a mistake... I always can give as a present!!! Anyway, the price is excellent!!!!! The simple edition is 30.99!!!

Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2013 12:55:35 GMT
Simon F. says:
Calm down dear, it's only a movie. Yes I saw this and after some consideration I'm quite glad I got the US version. Both films in one package. Far easier to manage. I think having two year 7 boxes on the shelf is going to look plain daft, but that's Warners for you. The only extra (apart from the 3D versions, and who really wants that?) that you appear to get is a photo album that has been made to look rather ancient!
Pricewise it works out about the same as the import.

Posted on 2 Nov 2013 13:20:23 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 2 Nov 2013 13:20:55 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2013 13:21:20 GMT
Ms R. Gil says:
I'm really really sorry, but I'M happy I haven't got the american edition.
This was exactly what I wanted, two different edition, with an extra album!! One for each movie!
The price is not the issue, once I already have the wizard collection, and if I wanted to save money I just wasn't going to buy an ultimate edition which has the same thing, but I want my collection completed, and it will be just as I want it.
So I'm sorry, but yeah, I'm really happy and I won't calm down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2013 19:58:07 GMT
RRP says:
Good for you! Be excited! People are much too blase' these days.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  3 Sep 2012
Latest post:  2 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Box Set (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Box Set (Blu-ray + DVD + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free] by Daniel Radcliffe (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (222)