on 26 December 1998
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this vivid and entertaining book by the maverick left arm spinner. As you would expect there are some controversial moments in the book but the warmth of the man comes over vividly.
There are any number of word pictures painted within these pages and it is quite clear that Tufnell is as dedicated to cricket as he is to enjoying as much of the touring process as he can.
I would recommend the moments of Mark Ramprakash's century and the resignation of Michael Atherton as the most moving and enlightening of the book.
I can thoroughly recommend this most entartaining tour diary. However I must say that this book, unfortunately has some of the most slapdash editing and printing that I have ever seen. For that alone the book loses a mark.
on 14 March 2004
Tuffnell gives a superb and honest insight in to life on tour in the West Indies.
I found the book very difficult to put down once I started reading it. The abandoned Test Match in Jamaica is brilliantly described by Tuffers, the mayhem in the changing room and the relief when the game is finally called off is evident in his writing.
I'd reccomend this book to any cricket supporter, it's great to know what happens behind the scenes on a cricket tour and Tuffers gives a brilliant insight in this book.
Highly reccomended
on 18 July 2001
Book is OK, Tuffnell playing up the bad boy image a bit too much. Gives a decent insight into Carribean cricket. However, this book contains some absolutely shocking speling mitakes, which is actually quite entertaining trying to guess the word to link the sentence.