on 13 April 2015
I am due to start my Primary PGCE in September 2015 and have really enjoyed this short and concise introduction to behavioural management, so much so, I have ordered some of Sue Cowley's other guides to teaching. Her writing style is very straight forward, often humorous, and her advice is very practical. Due to the short length of this guide, it is easy to dip in and out, and I imagine it will be close to hand when I start my training. My copy is now covered in scribbles and highlighting - a reflection of the book's low cost and helpful tips.
on 23 September 2013
Concise and easy to understand. No silly American jargon. This book doesn't patronise. It is a no nonsense reminder of what can be done and it will suit many settings. Even if youare a seasoned teacher - this is a great refresher course of what to do, how to cope. Not a lot of psychology, just lots of tips.
on 9 April 2015
Very lucid and good guide to positive behaviour management. Give's you a good insight to what you need to do. If you are already doing it then it validates what you are doing right!
on 27 August 2013
The book was very helpful and concise in presenting ideas and concerto puts to use on the classroom. With the inclusion of real life examples it was and will be a useful resource.
on 1 August 2014
Sometimes behaviour management books read like a list of directions. Sue Cowley captures the essence of good teaching. It comes from within the person running the class.
on 10 June 2013
Good, simple book about behavioural management in the classroom. Only a couple hours long to read. I found a great deal of it kind of obvious though.
on 16 June 2013
I particularly liked the creative discipline ideas - tomorrow the shoes are coming off! I will also be checking out the website for more ideas.
on 28 July 2013
I was looking for a book that will help me understand different behaviours in a group and this book helped me with what I was looking for.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 July 2015
Great advice as usual from Sue Cowley in an easy to digest format. Nicely themed and well set out - well worth keeping to hand.
on 25 July 2013
this book gives excellent strategies to employ to ensure a calm studious atmosphere in the classroom working with the students