Portable Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot + SIM with Preloaded 2x1GB of data. Connect your Kindle Fire Tablet to the Internet on the Go
Take the internet with you, wherever you go, with our handy battery powered, pocket-sized Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot. Ready to use straight from the box - you don't need to worry about installing any software to get started - just switch it on and you're good to go. You can connect your Kindle Fire Tablet to the Mobile WiFi hotspot, as you would connect it to any regular Wi-Fi network.
The Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot will connect you to the mobile phone network allow you to enjoy all your Kindle content and download it straight from the cloud, wherever you go*. Browse and download apps, games, music and more to keep you entertained on the go. You can even use the R206 instead of home broadband. Connect up to 5 devices at once, making it easy for you to connect your Kindle Fire Tablet and be online at the same time as your laptop, games consoles and other Wi-Fi enabled devices like cameras.
- Your personal Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot on the go
- No contract, No commitments. Comes ready to use with Preloaded data of 2x 1GB (valid either for 1GB usage or 30 days which ever runs out first)
- Once you use up your preloaded data, you decide when to top up next (and by how much).
- No installation required Quick and easy set up. Connect like regular WiFi.
- Up to 4 hours of battery life
- Connect 5 devices at once
- 3G, HSDPA up to 21.6 Mbps and HSUPA up to 5.76 Mbps
- Dimensions of R206 are 90.5 x 56 x 14.4mm.
Light and portable: only 66grams battery, mains or USB powered – comes with cable and charger
The mobile Wi-Fi hotspot uses Vodafone Mobile Broadband on Pay as you go – the easy, affordable way to stay connected to the internet without the commitment of a monthly plan. The Vodafone network gives you coverage in 98% of the UK.
Vodafone is the regulated provider of the communications services. Wi-Fi service is subject to availability of Vodafone’s network coverage, which can be viewed here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/lightbox/check-my-coverage/index.htm
How it Works
The initial set up is easy. Simply switch on your mobile Wi-Fi unit, connect it to your Kindle Fire Tablet, as if you would connect it to a regular Wi-Fi network and you are good to go. More detailed information in the user guide. You’ll find this in the box with your Mobile Wi-Fi device.
The Preloaded Data SIM Card in the box includes 2GB (2 x 1GB - valid either for 1GB usage or 30 days which ever runs out first) The 2x30 days start counting from the time of your first use.
Once your initial allowance is used up you can top up by buying an internet pack. Prices start from as little as £5 for 250MB (for use in the UK). All data options and prices are prepaid.
You can buy an internet pack either, whilst connected, from your Kindle Fire Tablet or from your laptop/computer.
- TopUp online. Buy credit for your Mobile-Wi-Fi Device hassle free. No need to register, just enter your mobile broadband number (included in the box) and follow the simple instructions.
- If you have a TopUp voucher you can also TopUp via the Mobile Wi-Fi’s inbuilt web user interface.
- Out and about – You can top up at every Vodafone store and any store where you see the green TopUp logo
An internet pack is an additional allowance of megabytes for your Mobile Wi-Fi Device which you can purchase and use to browse the internet, email and download apps and other Kindle content on your Kindle Fire Tablet and up to 4 other connected Wi-Fi enabled devices.
*Vodafone is the regulated provider of the communications services. Wi-Fi service is subject to availability of Vodafone’s network coverage, which can be viewed here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/lightbox/check-my-coverage/index.htm; Vodafone Mobile Broadband terms and conditions apply: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/mobile-broadband-pay-as-you-go-price-plan-from-august2013/index.htm; download limits and additional fees may apply.
Help and Advice
- Call Vodafone’s customer services team on 191 (25p a call) from a Vodafone mobile or 08700 776 655 from a landline (calls from landlines are charged at your service provider’s standard rate).
- Vodafone Customer Services ... From a Vodafone mobile, 191 (Calls to this number are free), 191*. From another UK phone, 08700 700191, 08700 776655