I bought this for my nearly two year old, as the big cardboard box we had been using as a play house had worn out. I wanted a tent which folded away neatly, which this does. It loses a star for taking at least five minutes of swearing and sweating each time to work out how it folds back... but once you do it right it does fit in to its neat travel bag, and stays there without a problem. Using the instructions on the box, rather than the paper ones in the bag, makes it easier.
The major advantages of this compared to other play tents are that:
- it has three entrances (one door, and two windows / holes for tunnels), even if you don't have tunnels, this makes it *much* more fun, from a toddler point of view
- the windows have 'curtains', which toddlers love to hide behind
- it comes with tent pegs, for windy days in the garden
- its in nice, unisex colours (rather than a very pink girl version, and a cars-related boy version)
- its really sturdy, and copes well with being fallen on or moved by over-enthusiastic small people
I would definitely recommend it. Don't be put off by the fact that its not a special 'UV protection' tent - I can't imagine any toddler who would sit in a tent all day on a beach, so I can't see the point of having one that you try and keep them in. It might be a disadvantage if you had a pre-mobile baby, but apart from that I would certainly want to rely on a UV suit, hat and suncream, rather than tent.