This highly successful introduction to the world of politics has been fully revised and updated to explore the systems, movements and key issues in modern politics. The new edition builds on the reputation for clarity and comprehensive coverage of the previous editions, and includes:
- A greater range of international examples
- Discussion of non-western political structures
- Issues of trust and apathy in voting systems
- Analysis of the ‘war on terror’
- Information on the role of the internet in politics
Accessible in style and topical in content, this book assumes no prior knowledge in politics, and is ideal reading for new undergraduates and all those interested in how politics operates.