Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 1 April 2012
This is an ideal length for a lunchtime read. A bright funny story about a young man who tries to deceive an attractive ambulance man that he is an actual fire fighter rather than an exotic dancer in a costume. I laughed a lot while reading it, felt a good deal of sympathy for Matt, the deceiver, and Sal the deceived.

It has had the unusual after effect that I can't see a fireman now without imagining he has sparkly underwear under all the fire retardant duds. :)
on 10 February 2013
This short story is a pleasant mix of mild erotica and light-hearted romance.
It is a bit on the light side, with hardly any depth of characterization, but it is well thought of, well written and professionally edited.
The two leads are cute and fun to be around.

I will not bring it to the desert island with me but I do not mind the time spent reading.
on 10 January 2013
Pole star is a short story, and is well written with good characthers that feel quite deep for a short story.

Matt is a stripper, known as pole star in his big strip in fireman uniform his hurt his foot so has to go to hospital.

Enter Sal the radiographer dressed in kids ward scrubs. Matt hopes his gaydar is working, because his cute.

They have some strange conversations which are really quite amusing.

There is a hot bedroom scene too. :)

Worth the read I found it quite heart warming.

4 stars
on 28 January 2015
I've read a few things by J Myles and I have decided to buy everything she writes.
I like her humour, I like these light hearted easy to read stories, I like the way she writes.
I like the characters I would like them if I knew them as real people!
They seem like fun people to hang out with.
And I have found her books to be not just funny but sexy and romantic.
on 18 January 2013
I love Josephine's books as they always seem so realistic as well as being funny and sexy, this is a fun short story where you actually get to know the characters before the bedroom scene. It made me smile more than once as the guys compare their underwear choices. Its a nice way to forget about the snow for half hour :-)
on 14 November 2014
Short, entertaining and quite cute. And of course set in Bristol. No need to go into it, its a short story and was free and even if it was rubbish which it most assuredly isn't it'd deserve 2 stars for being free!! But it was as good as her longer tales and made me go awwwww!!
on 22 December 2013
I'm not usually into short books, but I found this enjoyable. There's nothing earth shattering in the storyline, but it's a great, feel good lunchtime read. I'll be getting more of this authors books in future.
on 18 July 2014
It's a short story but it was a good romance novel and I enjoyed it very much shame it was a short story.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance to read as this one was a good book.
on 23 July 2014
And full of passion, this story was witty and I loved the characters, it had plenty of banter and of course sex, but even though it was short it had all the elements for a great read.
on 10 February 2014
What a cute and enjoyable story. Matt is a delightful and very funny character that it's impossible not to just love him. My only criticism with this story is it's just too short!