on 3 January 2014
I was only really interested in this set for the obvious two components the UV filter and the CPL. The UV filter is fine and does exactly what you'd hope. Whereas the CPL is simply horrible. Stood under the crystal clear sky of the desert I decided to apply the CPL and really bring out the blue against the sand and rocks. However, as I rotated the CPL what was revealed to me was not a steadily increasing gradient nor linear reduction of light\reflection. I would have even settled for stark gradiated lines, but instead it presented a very concentrated purple dot which radiated outwards in a starburst pattern. It was utterly unusable and in a situation where I was relying on it and unable to obtain an alternative. This product is simply not fit for purpose in my opinion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 June 2012
I have used Polaroid filters for a long time so there was no other choice for me for my new 70-300mm zoom. Very well made, they come in a handy wallet that will either fit in your bag or your pocket. They even include information on when each of the 4 filters should be used. Great buy
on 24 April 2012
I was searching the market for a circular polariser when I stumbled across this set, I couldn't believe the reasonable price considering they're Polaroid.

Anyway, please see my brief description of each lens:

Fluorescent Light: This purple filter is designed to take the green tinge often found in photos that are taken under artificial light. I used this filter a couple of times but found it to be useless, it gave all my photos a purple tinge... Now tell me if I'm being fussy, but if I don't want a green tinge in my photos, what good is replacing it with a purple one?

Circular Polariser: This filter is supposed to cut down glare from the sun on certain objects, specifically windows and water surfaces... I found this filter difficult to use, I would stand for ages turning the filter very slowly to get it to polarise in the correct direction, I would say 9 times out of 10 I failed, this possibly could be because I'm using it incorrectly but I read several pieces of literature regarding these filters and I used it as directed, with very limited results.

Warm Filter: As the name suggests, this filter adds a brightening effect to dark pictures by simply giving your photos a yellow boost, it works but could be easily carried out using a photo editor.

Ultra-Violet Filter: Does exactly as the name suggests and filters out UV light, This filter has two advantages (in my opinion). First of all, you can keep this filter attached to your camera at all times, which acts as a protector for your lenses. Secondly I personally have found pictures to be sharper and clearer when taken through a UV filter, this is an added benefit.

For me, the only good filter in this set is the UV filter, I can buy these separately and very cheaply... so in hindsight I wouldn't have purchased this set. I must also point out that filters have there own inherent problems, two such problems are light flares, the more filters you attach to your camera, the more sun spots and blotches you'll see in your photographs, so I would recommend using a hood when using any filter. Do not use more than one filter at a time, this will ruin the quality of your photos.
Second problem for me is the tedium of constantly screwing and unscrewing the damned filters, it can become very irritating and time consuming, especially if you already have to juggle with other camera accessories too.

To summarise, I would say that this is a good set if you have no problem with any of the cons I've listed above, otherwise, just buy a £4 UV filter and leave it there.

Thanks for reading.
77 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2015
The copy I got was very bad quality, the UV filter left stripes on the blurred background and made the focused area a bit blurry. The polar filter had circular "stripes" in the blurred background. The other two filters were optically clean.
I have other filters from polaroid too, which did not have these issues. Maybe at this size they cannot produce good filters, or just my copy was very bad, I don't know.
review image
on 12 June 2015
For a DSLR really only two of these 4 filters are useful, the UV filter, which serves to protect the front element of your lens, and the circular polariser which can improve landscape photos. The other two filters would be useful if you are still using a film SLR but serve no function with digital, as the white balance function of a digital camera can correct the colour casts caused by artificial light better than these coloured filters. Indeed these will have no effect unless you turn off auto white balance on your camera as it will just adjust the image to remove the orange or purple tints.

Despite only 2 out of 4 being useful the set is still good value as it is cheaper than buying a polaroid 77mm UV and 77mm CP filter individually. My biggest critiscism is the storage pouch. It gets fibres etc all over the filters and the velcro is position to make it difficult to put filters in and out while avoiding the rough velcro rubbing on them.
on 2 February 2014
4 filters for less than the price of one - and in a wallet. The quality seems just fine and the Polaroid name lends confidence. I'd buy again.
on 8 November 2013
Now I am really using it! In future would not just add on items like this as suggested by amazon...
on 22 July 2014
This filter set comprises: a UV (ultra violet) FILTER to kill glare to enhance your outdoor efforts (it also affords very good protection for the camera lens); a POLARISING FILTER which you attach and rotate to ENHANCE HIGHLIGHTS (such as eyes or the ‘bling’ on jewellery) and SUBDUE REFLECTIONS (so that you can shoot someone swimming underwater for example); a ‘blue’ COLOUR CORRECTION FILTER for shooting using ARTIFICIAL lighting – supermarkets, indoor venues, your home, and so on; and a ‘WARM’ FILTER to enhance skin-tones and capture truly stunning sunsets.

Coming in a superb ‘easy access’ case to protect your filters when out and about, you will be hard-pushed to find a better product at this ‘bite-their-hand-off’ price.

Happy shooting.
on 18 February 2014
Bought as a gift, boyfriend has used only to test and they appear to be excellent quality and to do what they are supposed to, need to get out with the camera more! I am very happy with this purchase :)
on 4 April 2015
Like many other reviewers, I purchased the set mainly for the CPL filter. It simply doesn't work. The result is some skewed gradient that appears across the image at odd angles. I also notice small hairline scratches appearing all over the surface of the lens after only a few outings.
Polaroid used to be a brand to trust, but I fear that this is no longer the case.
I'd recommend going with a single CPL filter from Tiffen or Hoya, which may cost double, but you're only talking about an extra 10-20 quid for something that is going on a lens that probably cost hundreds. Once again I've learned my lesson the hard way.