- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £14.99 UK delivery
+ £6.99 UK delivery
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
|Price:||£54.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£38.55 (41%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Continuous, accurate heart rate provides clear workout guidance
- EnergyPointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Downloads to free online training diary with optional FlowLink accessory
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
For those who want to know if they're improving their fitness or burning fat.
Polar FT7 training computer;Polar H1 heart rate sensor;FT7 Quick Guide
From the Manufacturer
Maximize Your Workout With The FT7
The FT7 heart rate monitor is an essential tool for those who want to lose weight and improve their fitness. Its easy-to-use smart coaching features such as Energy Pointer and Smart Calories will guide and motivate you to make every workout count.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It's like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
The FT7 doesn't just give you numbers, it helps you understand what you are doing and how to improve. After each workout, the FT7 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last 99 workouts so you can see your fitness improvements.
In the Box
- FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Sensor
- Getting Started Guide
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT7 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
The FT7 helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: The FT7 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit)
- Smart Calories: Uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
- 99 training files (with summaries)
- Suitable for swimming
- Backlight and user replaceable battery
Polar Personal Trainer Online App
Join forces with other workout fans just like you and get more out of your exercise.
On the online app, you can plan your workouts in advance, analyze your results and share it all with your friends. Here you can also monitor your training load and avoid overtraining. Best of all, it’s completely free. To sync your FT7 heart rate monitor, you just need the optional FlowLink accessory (sold separately, not included.)
The Gym Companion
Bring the FT7 to the gym to track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. Plus, it has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
The FT7 also includes an H1 heart rate sensor that syncs with compatible gym equipment. Whether you're jogging on your favorite treadmill or elliptical, your exact heart rate will be displayed.
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter. Here are the Smart Coaching features included in the Polar FT7:
- Smart Calories: Lets you know exactly how many calories you've burned during any activity, even playing with children and swimming.
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you exercise, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to workout within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Fat burn per cent||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)|
|STAR Training Program||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
This watch would be better if it had a lap timer stop/start function like many other cheap sport watches on the market. Second, I'd like to comment on the chest strap and heart rate monitor. Very comfortable to wear and easily adjustable. It can also be machined washed which is refreshing after 5/6 workouts.
Unfortunately, every time I have used the heart rate function, 50% of the time I have lost signal. After attempting to re-wet the sensors and wait for the signal to return, I have on many occasions had to stop my workout and reset the function. This is very frustrating.
The display feature are aesthetically pleasing with the heart rate moving between the "fitness and fat burn" or you can alternate between % (which is my prefered preference).
Overall, this product has the potential to deliver a 5 star rating with the price relatively cheap, however, a few niggles of losing signal leaves it only getting 3 stars from me.
I would suggest getting an older model or even better still get a garmin.
Online support is useless and so is the user manual.
1. The sensor is comfortable and works exceptionally well even when cycling and vigorous exercise. Its very easy to change the battery and only had a signal drop when the battery began to run out after lots and lots of use. Easily brought a new one from Sainsburies standard 3v button battery and even easier to fit.
2, The menus are easy to navigate and the watch has all the functions I need with easy and concise data display.
3. The training files are stored on the watch and provide a complete history of training stats easily accessible whenever needed.
There was a wide range of products available and a wider range of prices but for someone who wants a good, well featured, reliable device to provide that essential fun element of gadgetry to drive you to a fitter life, then this is a great choice.
Pretty sure I haven't used all the features yet and I think there is a web thingy as well, but so far I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
The main issue was the loss of signal between the watch and monitor - I used it while jogging to the gym and it kept cutting out. I found that if I pressed hard, it would activate again but who wants to run about holding it all the time. I adjusted the strap and made it tighter - no difference.
Returned and refunded today, I'll stick with Garmin.
I do not understand why some buyers complain about poor or no hrm signal. I read the manual and the user instructions couldn't be easier. I put some water on the hrm band and voila'! My heart rate in 2-3 seconds!
This is actually a small watch. To be honest I didn't expect it to be that small. The design is ok and the build quality seems normal. For a mans wrist, it looks quite small, but hey, it's a heart rate monitor. Not an all day watch.
The screen is easily readable and there are two screen options (one with big and one with small digits-including seconds)
This is a basic hrm with not that many features. For example during hrm I couldn't find how to lap my run, since there's only one time entry showing the overall training time length.
It's very new, so I don't have any experience on battery life and durability, but I guess its pretty basic.
For someone who wants to keep the training intensity under control this is a great watch!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
use it everytime I'm at the gym, running or cycling, really good to keep track of your workoutPublished 18 hours ago by byteShadow
It's about right for me. I don't need all the high priced techno overkill for the amount of exercise the quacks say I must do. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Smash
I have the watch on my wrist and the strap across my chest and sitting on a bike or doing any activity like a push up that takes my hand 5cm or more from the strap and it can't... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Book devourer
I love this for HR tracking, but I find they have a life of around 6 months before they stop working - even when I have changed the battery.Published 1 month ago by Ms A R Brocken