Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
|Price:||£44.70 - £128.94|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Shows when you're improving fitness based on your heart rate
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Automatic age-based target zone - bpm
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For those who want basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple.
By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
From the Manufacturer
Your Workout. Only Smarter
The FT4 heart rate monitor helps you exercise smarter with its easy-to-use heart rate based features. Designed for active exercisers who want to track their intensity and calories burned during any activity.
Exercise Guidance and Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximise your workout. It’s like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
After each workout, the FT4 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last ten workouts so you can see your fitness improvements and stay motivated to reach your goals.
In the Box
- FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Transmitter
- Getting Started Guide
For Any Activity
Take a class: Track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. It has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT4 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38 per cent polyamide, 29 per cent polyurethane, 20 per cent elastane, 13 per cent polyester
- Tip: After each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
Get the Results You Want
Whether your goal is to lose weight, tone up or improve your overall fitness, the FT4 is the right workout companion. It helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: the FT4 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximising your efforts and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Automatic age-based target zone – bpm/per cent
- Smart Calorie feature uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- Includes H1 heart rate chest strap made of soft fabric material
- 10 training files (with summaries and totals)
- User replaceable battery and water resistant (30 m)
- Suitable for swimming
- Time of day (12/24 h) with alarm and snooze
- Connects with compatible gym equipment using GymLink (5 kHz coded transmission)
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter.
How Heart Rate Training Works
When you train, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to train within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60 per cent: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70 per cent: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80 per cent: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90 per cent: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100 per cent: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||✓||✓||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|EnergyPointer||Yes with H7 Sensor||✓|
|Fat burn percentage||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (with Flowlink) sold separately||Yes (w/Flowlink) sold separately|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The sensor strap that comes with it, which you wear around your chest to monitor the actual heart rate (which then sends a signal to the watch) is comfortable and hasn't rubbed or irritated my skin at all. You do have to wet the sensors before putting it on and my advice is to use lukewarm water, because cold water can obviously be a little too cold when you first attach the strap.
What it does:
1) Tells you if you're in the target fat burning zone (the most useful info of the lot in my opinion).
2) Tells you how many calories you've burnt.
3) Tells you how long your exercise lasted for and how much of that time was spent in the fat burning zone.
4) It gives you a maximum heart rate for training period, as well as an average.
5) It also tells you the time of day.
What it doesn't do:
1) It doesn't tell you the distance you've covered.
2) It doesn't come with software that you can use to sync your results to your computer. However, you can go to the Polar training website and input your results manually, which is what I do; and you'll still get a record and chart of your results over a period of time.
So, a pretty good HR monitor and cheap considering the features you get.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved this watch. It really is perfect for a workout for someone who wants to mainly keep track of their proper calorie burn out. Read morePublished 17 minutes ago by Kida
Love this watch use it all the time. Easy to use at the press of a button, measures heart rate through strap that sits comfortably around the chest like a bra strap, measures... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
given as a Christmas gift but nephew tell me works as good as more expensive monitors fast delivery recommendedPublished 3 days ago by margaret
Great! Really easy to set up and has made me much more motivated during my workouts!!Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
My first Polar watch lasted 10 years, had an easy to read display and performed excellently.
This watch could not be further away from my original. Read more
Love this it gives me an accurate reading of the total calories burned in my workout classes. Highly recommendPublished 7 days ago by Wardy 1974
Wife loves this. Got it for her birthday and I notice that unlike any other fitness items I have bought her, she always uses it. Read morePublished 10 days ago by andyb
Simple but effective. These are a great addition to my training program. Once your details are entered it works out your zones for you. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Dee