Polar FT2 Training Computer - For recreational exercisers who want an easy start to fitness.
- Shows you your average and maximum heart rate while exercising
- Automatic age-based target zone -bpm - To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer determines your heart rate target zone limits automatically according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate, or as a heart rate reserve (% HRR). See also Maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) and Manual target zone.
- Heart rate shown in beats per minute (bpm) - Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- Heart touch – button free operation of wrist unit. When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Heart rate based target zones with visual and audible alarm - You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- Manual target zone - This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- Coded transmitter belt - Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Easy to use product with one button functionality
- Wireless ECG accurate heart rate
- Training file memory (1)
- Time of day
- Date and weekday indicator
- Water resistant 30m
What’s in the box?
- Polar FT1 training computer
- Polar T31 coded transmitter
- Getting Started Guide
What is a heart rate monitor?
Celebrity personal trainer Matt Roberts always trains with a heart rate monitor and encourages his customers to do so:
“Put simply, regularly monitoring your heart rate is the best way to tell how effective your exercise is. I use a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of how hard I’m working during every training session, but you don’t have to be a professional to feel the benefits of heart rate monitoring. I would recommend anyone, no matter how much or little they exercise, to wear a heart rate monitor when working out. It can give motivation by providing targeted workout zones according to your personal fitness level, to ensure you’re always training at the right level for you and your body. And by showing you how hard you’re working throughout exercise sessions, heart rate monitoring can help you to achieve your fitness or weight loss goals quicker and often with less effort than you think.”
Heart rate is individual and changes according to your exercise. The transmitter measures and sends the heart rate information to the watch unit and the watch unit displays the heart rate and exercise information. Put simply a heart rate monitor shows you how hard you are working.
Why train with a heart rate monitor?
Getting the most out of your training doesn’t always mean working faster or harder. The best way to improving and seeing results is to train at the right intensity. So with a heart rate monitor, you can make sure you’re not over or under training, and make each session count. Use Polar as your training buddy and you’ll have evidence of your progress – motivating you each and every time you train. Polar will help you achieve your goals:
To maximise weight loss, exercise intensity needs to be varied. With a Polar heart rate monitor you can control and monitor the intensity of your exercise. Most Polar heart rate monitors show you how many calories you have burned – great for motivation.
Polar heart rate monitors have a number of features to help increase your fitness levels. Look out for the Polar Keeps U Fit Program which gives you personal guidance on how often, how long and how hard you need to exercise to reach your personal fitness goals. In addition, there are running and cycling specific products with speed and distance features combined with heart rate to provide you with all the feedback you need to take your fitness to the next level.
If you are serious about your training and want to maximise your performance, look out for products with features such as Polar Sport Zones, Polar OwnOptimizer and products with Polar Pro Trainer 5 software which enables you to plan and create training sessions and analyse your training data in detail.
Why choose Polar?
As the inventors of the first heart rate monitor for training over 30 years ago, we’re truly specialists in the field. Since then we’ve been leading this category, and the world’s top specialists have been working on the most accurate and intelligent training computers and heart rate based features.
What makes Polar truly unique is that our features give guidance based on your personal information, and individual heart rate and its variation. The state-of-the-art intelligence of Polar products can tell you how much, how often and how hard to train. This is why so many top athletes use Polar training computers. But you don’t have to be a professional athlete to benefit from heart rate monitoring. At Polar, we understand how important training is to you. So we make it as much a part of our lives as it is of yours.
And our success is clear to see. Today, Polar employs 1200 people worldwide, manufactures all products in its fully owned factories, has 26 subsidiaries globally and manages a distribution network supplying over 35,000 retail outlets in more than 80 countries. Now that’s what we call the power behind Polar.
Polar is widely recognised as the leading product and the most respected brand for heart rate monitoring equipment and services in the sports industry. Polar is proud to have exclusive Partnerships with a number of high profile Sports Associations including:
UKA, PGMO, League Managers Association, England Hockey, Rugby League Match Officials, Rugby Football League and Rugby Football Union Women.