The Polar H7 is a combo heart rate sensor that provides live, accurate heart rate to your mobile training app, including Polar Beat, turning it into a smart training companion. The H7 also connects to many Polar products as well as compatible gym equipment.
- Enables you to see your training intensity while working out and to analyse and share it later
- Compatible with dozens of fitness apps including Polar Beat.
- User changeable battery: Easy battery change with widespread CR2025 battery. Total operating time minimum 200 hours (with Polar application or Polar certified application).
- Works with 5 kHz coded technology: works with Polar compatible fitness equipment and Polar 5kHz training computers.
- New Soft Strap: comfortable and discreet belt.
- No additional costs: no dongle required for connection.
- Polar H7 with Bluetooth Smart technology is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (3rd & 4th generation), iPad mini and iPod Nano (7th generation).
- Also compatible with Gym equipment & Polar heart rate monitors and training computers
-Please note, currently not available on Android
H7 Technical Features
- Bluetooth smart transmission technology: low energy consumption, robust and reliable performance and fully open compatibility with Bluetooth smart ready devices
- Transmission range: ~10 meters.
- Operating lifetime: minimum 200 hours, with Polar application or Polar certified application
- Compatible Polar products are all devices using 5kHz (FT-series, RS100/RS300X/RS400, CS100/CS200cad/CS300, RCX5)
- Not compatible Polar products are W.I.N.D. based training computers, CardioGX, Team² system
What is Bluetooth Smart?
- Low energy wireless radio technology (Bluetooth 4.0) aimed at wireless devices and applications which operate under low power, eg mobile phones, software apps.
- ANT+ is owned and developed by Garmin which Polar don't have access to. Garmin have made this available to selected parties only.
- Polar addressed this by introducing W.I.N.D. which is a Polar owned digital frequency, compatible solely with Polar products.
- Future products will move to Bluetooth Smart as it will have compatibility with many more devices on a global level. This is a rapidly growing market.
- Bluetooth low energy is often referred to as BLE.
- The low energy transmission is appealing as it leads to longer battery life on mobile phones and devices used.
What is a heart rate monitor?
Heart rate is individual and changes according to your exercise. The transmitter measures and sends the heart rate information to the watch unit and the watch unit displays the heart rate and exercise information. Put simply a heart rate monitor shows you how hard you are working.
"Put simply, regularly monitoring your heart rate is the best way to tell how effective your exercise is. I use a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of how hard I'm working during every training session, but you don't have to be a professional to feel the benefits of heart rate monitoring. I would recommend anyone, no matter how much or little they exercise, to wear a heart rate monitor when working out. It can give motivation by providing targeted workout zones according to your personal fitness level, to ensure you're always training at the right level for you and your body. And by showing you how hard you're working throughout exercise sessions, heart rate monitoring can help you to achieve your fitness or weight loss goals quicker and often with less effort than you think." (Matt Roberts, Celebrity Personal Trainer)
Why train with a heart rate monitor?
Getting the most out of your training doesn't always mean working faster or harder. The best way to improving and seeing results is to train at the right intensity. So with a heart rate monitor, you can make sure you're not over or under training, and make each session count. Use Polar as your training buddy and you'll have evidence of your progress - motivating you each and every time you train.
Polar will help you achieve your goals:
To maximise weight loss, exercise intensity needs to be varied. With a Polar heart rate monitor you can control and monitor the intensity of your exercise. Most Polar heart rate monitors show you how many calories you have burned - great for motivation.
Polar heart rate monitors have a number of features to help increase your fitness levels. Look out for the Polar Keeps U Fit Program which gives you personal guidance on how often, how long and how hard you need to exercise to reach your personal fitness goals. In addition, there are running and cycling specific products with speed and distance features combined with heart rate to provide you with all the feedback you need to take your fitness to the next level.
If you are serious about your training and want to maximise your performance, look out for products with features such as Polar Sport Zones, Polar OwnOptimizer and products with Polar Pro Trainer 5 software which enables you to plan and create training sessions and analyse your training data in detail.
Why choose Polar?
As the inventors of the first heart rate monitor for training over 30 years ago, Polar truly are the specialists in the field. Since then they've been leading this category, and the world's top specialists have been working on the most accurate and intelligent training computers and heart rate based features.
What makes Polar truly unique is that their features give guidance based on your personal information, and individual heart rate and its variation. The state-of-the-art intelligence of Polar products can tell you how much, how often and how hard to train. This is why so many top athletes use Polar training computers. But you don't have to be a professional athlete to benefit from heart rate monitoring. Polar understands how important training is to you and they make it as much a part of their lives as it is of yours.
And their success is clear to see. Today, Polar employs 1200 people worldwide, manufactures all products in its fully owned factories, has 26 subsidiaries globally and manages a distribution network supplying over 35,000 retail outlets in more than 80 countries.
Polar is widely recognised as the leading product and the most respected brand for heart rate monitoring equipment and services in the sports industry. Polar is proud to have exclusive Partnerships with a number of high profile Sports Associations including:-
UKA, PGMO, League Managers Association, England Hockey, Rugby League Match Officials, Rugby Football League and Rugby Football Union Women.