on 13 September 2001
I throughly enjoyed this book, the historical information was quite complete with wonderful pictures of Emma Jacobson the founder of Bohus Stickning. Numerous knitters and designers who were with this organization over the years were also included in the photographic record .Wendy Keele the author was granted special permission by Emma's daughter,Ingrid Masterson to include many patterns in the book,many other patterns which were not included can be graphed from the excellent photos.I had been waiting many years for a book in English on Bohus Stickening and this was certainly worth the wait.
on 23 May 2013
I bought this book after reading about it on Kate Davies' blog and, being of Scandinavian descent, thought it would be wonderful to read about a nordic craft in the knitting genre that I love. The history it contains appeals to the history buff in me whilst the knitting patterns satisfies the crafter. A beautiful addition to my bookshelf but not a book that will be used often.
on 28 May 2015
This book is an intriguing & unique account of the history of Bohus knitting with a few patterns that I'm excited to knit with modifications for a current fit. Patterns included in the book are: Finnish Spike, Large Collar, The Point, The Chinese, Shield, Axes, Red Palm, Late Autumn, Swan, Dots, Red Edge, Dean, Blue Shimmer, Wild Apple, Green Meadow and Large Carnation.
review image
on 6 February 2013
I really love this book, it's an interesting read and also has patterns based on the Bohus designs. Lots of pictures of the original designs and the history of Bohus.
on 4 November 2013
After being inspired on Ravelry, I bought this book and have found it inspiring and informative, love the patterns! Inspired enough to make my own Bohus.
on 3 July 2014
Wonderful book, lots of interesting material, and beautifully laid out. My only gripe is that I would have preferred the patterns in the original gauge.
on 8 February 2015
Well researched and illustrated, a good read as well as useful
on 18 March 2015
Very interesting book. It's quite informative with history
on 21 January 2015
Gorgeous
on 23 July 2013
this is nice for my bisnes and my good frends for look for patterns my freand love it so muts