Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 December 2010
I love this chaps work, normally there is more chat in his books which I have liked. The best thing about this one is that it has given me all the answers i need to all those questions that crop when I'm growing my veg. I cant wait for springtime when I can get out there with this little gem in my pocket.
on 3 September 2012
Bought this book ages ago and it has been up at the plot ever since. Hashman explains what to do, when to do it and how not to muck it up (or rectify your mistakes!) in a manner that is easy to understand, engaging and witty.

I use his book religiously. In fact, I'm having to buy a new one as a paper-devouring snail has eaten september onwards and I can't live without the book's input!

Also it's nice to leaf through when you're having a break from weeding.

Very helpful, loads of information, a must for any allotment-eer or as a gift for one.
on 15 December 2010
This is a must for anyone who wants to learn about growing their own fruit & veg. It tells you all you need to know in a really clear and useful way. The illustrations are great. A perfect Christmas present.
on 30 March 2014
This book appears to have all you need for basic gardening, with some good tips.

If you need to know any more, then a search on the net for specific articles to the veg you want to plant can be accessed without wanting to buy any more than this.
on 25 April 2013
I did not like the layout of this book, it was very boring reading to the point that I gave up! Not a book for the faint hearted. It read like a long numbered list and this was the problem. Although there were illustrations it did not enhance the book.
on 10 November 2010
THIS BOOK IS SO VERY INFORMATIVE AND FULL OF GREAT TIPS - INVALUABLE TO THE GARDENING CIRCLE.......
on 16 May 2014
It came quickly and is a pristine copy. Started using it straight away and can imagine it will be used for many years to come as a reference guide.
on 5 June 2013
This is a good little book to help you when planning what to grow in your veg patch. Some very useful information and helpful advice
on 19 November 2015
on 22 March 2013
See my review to:How to Grow Your Own Food: A Week-by-Week Guide to Wild Life Friendly Fruit and Vegetable Gardening [Paperback]a
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse