* Compatible with all USB 3.0 hosts, including Apple Mac OS X USB 3.0 systems (latest updates from Apple required), Windows 8 and earlier, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0 and 2.0/1.1 hosts and devices.
* Requires no driver install (although individual devices will, as usual).
* 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
* This hub's firmware has been actively updated for Mac compatibility. For any Mac specific issues, apply the latest Apple updates. Please contact Plugable if any problems remain.
* If any ports appear disabled, insure AC power to hub is connected, then unplug/replug USB connection to computer.
USB 3.0 data transfer rates up to 5Gbps allowing data to move quickly between devices. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters.
Power and Charging
Comes with premium 5V 4A power supply for supporting not just USB 2.0 500mA power, but also several devices requiring USB 3.0's more demanding 900mA per port power.
Functions as a USB hub only, not a standalone device charger: No functionality for charging iPad, iPhone, or other tablet and smartphone devices with or without a PC.
In the box
USB 3.0 7-port Hub (VIA Hub Controller), 5V 4A AC desktop-style power adapter with 9+ foot hub to wall extension cord and 3 foot USB 3.0 Cable.