- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Peachpit Press; 1 edition (16 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321839773
- ISBN-13: 978-0321839770
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 1.1 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (41 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 181,881 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Plug in with Nik: A Photographer's Guide to Creating Dynamic Images with Nik Software Paperback – 16 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Batdorff is an award-winning landscape and travel photographer who splits his time between Chicago and Montana. He is the author of Black and White: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Nikon D7000: From Snapshots to Great Shots and a coauthor of Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots. His black and white images have been featured in the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. He also leads black and white workshops and mentors other aspiring photographers. John loves the outdoors and traveling, and sharing his images with others. See his work and read his popular photography blog at johnbatdorff.com.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After struggling to fully understand the booklets that come with Nik products,my photographs have improved 100%
But it was a bad decision.
Although the author has a very light writing (very enjoyable, BTW), it's aimed to the very beginnner. Anyone that has already used the Nik suite will hardly find anything to learn from the book, even though it says "book level: beginning/intermediate". Don't fall for that!
That alone would ensure a bad review, but there're other two big issues:
1) the photos: they are VERY small throughout the book and hence very hard to see the effects suggested by the author. In order to see the effectts of using the filters we'd need much bigger photos.
2) although the book was published in 2013 the links provided by the author DO NOT lead to the stuff mentioned. Nik was sold to Google and all links redirect to a site where no add-ons are present and so on. Besides that, the author suggests that we go to his blog (or register with the publisher) to get extra templates, but there are just a bunch and most of the links to other stuff simply are not there.
All that said, why not give it just 1 star? Well, the author really has passion for his work and is able to transfer that through the pages! Besides, he writes lightly and that's ok.
This book is for people who DON'T HAVE Nik suite and are thinking on buying it or for ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not much info available in hard copy, this is the best "bible" available.Published 4 months ago by Tony Scarfe
Excellent book for me, an amateur...definitely worth.Published 8 months ago by Mihai Vasile GRIGORE
I have used the NIK Suite a great deal and so 'know' it well. I still found the book useful however as both an accompaniment to further exploration but mainly as a way of prompting... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Pb Dorman
Deals with each module of Nik software separately, allowing you to make the most of your images.Published 12 months ago by Dave T
Disappointed that the number of allowable copies does not match the number of Ipads and Kindles that I own ( 4 or 5)
I don't recall such a restriction being mentioned and... Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation