Customer Discussions > Kiss of a Demon King forum

Pleasure of a dark prince

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Mar 2009 16:55:30 GMT
hannah says:
The seventh installment in the immortals after dark series will be released on 2nd Feb 2010. 'Pleasure of dark prince' is Lucia and Garreth's story- can't wait!! Fan's should also look out for 'A Deep Kiss of Winter' in the next Not That Innocent anthology due out Nov 2009, this is Murdoch and Daniela's story- here's a bit of info on this & it sounds fab!!!

A brutal vampire soldier about to know love for the first time...
Murdoch Wroth will stop at nothing to claim Daniela the Ice Maiden--the delicate Valkyrie who makes his heart beat for the first time in three hundred years. Yet the exquisite Danii is part ice fey, and her freezing skin can't be touched by anyone but her own kind without inflicting pain beyond measure.

A Valkyrie aching to be touched...
Soon desperate for closeness, in an agony of frustration, Murdoch and Danii will do anything to have each other. Together can they find the key that will finally allow them to slake the overwhelming desire burning between them?

Anybody got any recommends for me similar to Cole but not the obvious like J. R ward & Sherrilyn Kenyon?

Thanks x

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2009 20:12:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Mar 2009 21:41:46 GMT
Jessica says:
I think you've got it a little muddled, the anthology that Dani and Murdoch's story will be in is called 'A Deep Kiss of Winter' and is just Cole's and Gena Showalter's short stories, and as far as I know 'Not that Innocent' has been pushed back again, I don't know what will be in it just Kenyon's maybe! I'm dying to read it though.

As for recommendations, Gena Showalter and Karen chance exhibit a similar attitude to Cole; they don't take themselves too seriously, with deliberate clichés and a tongue in cheek humour. Both those are also a bit obvious but there you go. Maybe Amy Lane's 'Little Goddess' series. But I don't think there's many like Cole's books, she can be really quite subversive a times, I don't think I could name another series that is quite as good at creating heroines that are strong both physically and mentally. I get so bored with emotionally strong but physically weak women who save the strong warrior man because their all good and gentle. Anyway read Showalter and Chance if you haven't already.

Jessica

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2009 20:49:10 BDT
Nancy says:
Hey Hannah,
You might like Nalini Singh, and I have just discovered Ilona Andrews (I LOVE her Magic books!). Also I have just read a fantastic book called "Cast in Shadows" by Michelle Sagara (complex, it got me from the first chapter and the story seems to have a long way to go!! Which means more to come!) Give them a try.

Kind regards,
Nancy

Posted on 27 May 2009 17:23:59 BDT
lovetoread says:
Have you tried christine Feehan she writes in much the same vain as Kresley Cole, her females may be a little on the shy side, but some of them certainly know how to handle the man and what life throws at them. I would suggest starting with Dark demon you dont have to have read the others to get whats going on. Also Gena showalter is sassy and has good strength of charecter and she tells you about the world where the demons and vampires live without getting to bogged down with the detail. She also adds a bit of humer which adds other dimensions to the books. Try the vampire bride.

Posted on 12 Jun 2009 18:51:46 BDT
Una Walsh says:
Hannah, Try Katie McAllister her Dark Ones is an absolute hoot I love em. Una.

Posted on 9 Oct 2009 17:38:20 BDT
Krytical says:
Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed to are worth a read. Good sense of humor but with a similar 'adult' aspect as with Cole.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  16 Mar 2009
Latest post:  9 Oct 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kiss of a Demon King
Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - 2 Feb 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (31)